Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't enter 2nd lvl folder on CarPlay

Can't enter 2nd lvl folder on CarPlay

iPhone 12 Mini, iOS 15, latest Spotify, tested on Volvo S90 and BMW iX3.

The 2nd level folder doesn't even show the little arrow on the left side of the list, after clicked, it starts playing the entire folder. 

This problem has been fixed before, but since Spotify changed to the new UI, it broke again. I really hope the developers can look into this, since it almost make the CarPlay app useless. 

3 Replies

Hey @grey_helix,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

We understand you have experienced some UI issues with your CarPlay functions. Could we ask you for some screenshots or a screen recording of this situation, so we can investigate this issue further together? Also could you confirm the exact version of your Spotify app that is currently on board of your device that you want to use in the car. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi all,

I still have the same problem with the current Spotify version.

I attached a sample folder configuration. When clicking on "Folder on the 2. lvl" via the carplay ui, all playlists in that folder are played. My expected behaviour would be to see the playlists and playing a single playlist.

SpotifyVersion: 8.7.68.568

iPhone 11, iOS-Version 16.0

Best Regards Henrik

2022-10-21 13_44_52-Window.png

Hey @Ratamatazz,

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

We appreciate you taking the time to flag this with us and share your feedback. We'll make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hopefully you'll see if it gets improved but we can't guarantee when or if this will be changed!

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts