Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't follow on iOS

Solved!

Can't follow on iOS

Can't follow artists and playlists on iOS. I can tap on the follow button, but if I go to the "Me" screen to access the list of who I'm following, the app just hangs. The count also does not change when I follow somebody. Currently, the count is stuck at 21. This is on an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Strange, it might be worth a clean reinstallation of the application, but you will need to resync any offline playlists you have. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Does it update correctly when you view your list from another application?

Peter

I don't know yet. I'm out of town for the weekend and don't have my laptop with me. I won't know the answer until I gat back home on Sunday.

I logged into the Spotify web player from Chrome on a friends Windows PC. I'm able to access the list of who I'm following on the web player, but the iOS app just shows a spinning wheel and "Loading...". But the list never loads in iOS :/. It just spins and spins.

Marked as solution

Strange, it might be worth a clean reinstallation of the application, but you will need to resync any offline playlists you have. 

Peter

Yup! That was the ticket! I'd have tried it sooner if I had thought of it. Strange how it turned out to be the most basic of solutions.

I've deleted the app and reinstalled spotify twice.  I still can't see the artists I'm following.  Everything else in the app works fine and following works on my desktop. Just no joy on my iPhone 5s.  It stalls out when I select "following" and just says "loading". 

Any other ideas.?

thx!

How many people are you following?

Peter

Any other ideas?  I've reinstalled 2-3 times and still I can't follow artists using my iphone 5s.  I'm following about 50 artists and they simply won't load on my phone.

Sorry, I'm actually stumped. Removing the app and reinstalling on my iPhone 4 fixed the problem for a little while, but it didn't last. The problem returned after a little while. I've essentially given up on it.

Thanks for the feedback.  I had the same issue.  When I first updated Spotify to the version that allowed following, it worked for a while, then it stopped.  Now, no matter how many times I delete and reinstall, following doesn't work any more.

At least I know I'm not the only one with this problem.  It's really frustrating.  I hate having a gazillion playlists, when basicallyy I'm simply intersted in an artists entire discography. 

I feel your pain. This may end up being a deal-breaker for me. I might just have to give Rdio a spin.

Suggested posts