Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get rid of behind the lyrics

Solved!

Can't get rid of behind the lyrics

I have the same Spotify account running on two iPhones and a Mac. I've turned off the behind the lyrics feature from both iPhones yet it doesn't seem to go away. I don't see it on my mac but the problem is that I don't want to see behind the lyrics on the phones and I don't understand why it's still there even though the feature is turned off in settings

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to turn behind the lyrics off completely. I will pass on your feedback.

As a workaround you can put your finger above the album art at the top near where the title shows and you can swipe down from there. This can be challenging with one handed use so I understand your struggle. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Uz1

Behind the lyrics will still show up in the background. This setting is to make it so the behind the lyrics card in the background doesn't automatically popup and start showing facts about the song. You do not see it on mac because this feature is only in the mobile app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @MattSuda, thanks for replying. Is there no possible way to get rid of the card in the background completely? Because I swipe down from the now playing screen to get to my other playlists. This is really convenient because I have the plus version of the iPhone so it makes one handed use possible within Spotify. But the behind the lyrics feature kind of renders this useless. So it would be really useful if there was an option to turn it off completely
Marked as solution

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to turn behind the lyrics off completely. I will pass on your feedback.

As a workaround you can put your finger above the album art at the top near where the title shows and you can swipe down from there. This can be challenging with one handed use so I understand your struggle. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I agree - I would rather see the cover art first and then swipe for lyrics if I want them.  Right now it shows the lyrics first and I don't want to have to swipe to get rid of every time.  Or I wish each person could set their preference on their account

Suggested posts