Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login - Reinstalling Spotify and Playlists

Can't login - Reinstalling Spotify and Playlists

Spotify would not connect to other devices and continued to say connecting at the bottom of the screen. I had full working wifi internet connection.
So I closed the app and re-opened and nothing. I then did the latest update and nothing. I then closed the app and restarted my iphone6 and nothing.
I then logged out and went to log back in, I couldn't remember my password so I reset it. Now I cannot log back in at all. I enter the correct username and password and it just sits there trying to connect then times out. Can you fix this?

If not do I have to reinstall? I just don't want to lose my playlists and saved music. I have read on here that the playlist should save and you will just need to re-sync, but a lot of people said they lost all there saved music. If this happens I won't want to start again as it takes a long time to develop your playlists.

Is this a known bug? Can you please help?

2 Replies

i cannot get Premium although am paying for it. I have tried logging out and back in to no avail. Next. Move is to reinstall Spotify but will I lose my music?

any ideas please?

Hi Awg-8,

My best advise is to email Spotify directly if you are unsure.

I also found this on their site which relates to your question if you follow it through under 'Subscriptions' - 'Paid for premium but I am still on free":
https://support.spotify.com/au/contact-spotify-anonymous/

It states this:

Have you upgraded to Premium, but can’t make use of any Premium features? Don’t fear! Here are a few things you can try:

1. Log out and back into your account again.
  2. Reinstall the Spotify app, following these steps.

Why?

Occasionally it’s necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account information system.

Still didn’t work?

If you’re still showing as Free, you might have another account with us that has been upgraded to Premium instead. This guide will help you investigate.

The below link is for problems logging in and how to contact Spotify:
https://support.spotify.com/au/account_payment_help/troubleshooting/problems-logging-in-to-spotify/?...

I emailed Spotify with my query and they emailed back within 24 hourse with the below response:

We'd like to guide you through these steps one at a time:

1. Reinstall Spotify on your device. 
    Note: Be sure to restart your device after doing this.
  2. If you’re still having an issue, try logging into Spotify using a different internet connection if possible.
  3. If the problem persists, ask a friend or family member to sign into their Spotify account on your device. If the issue still occurs, you may need to perform troubleshooting on the device itself and reach out to the device manufacturer.

Heads up: If in case you've reinstalled your app and lost your playlists, reach out to us so we can reunite them with your account.

I'm not sure if this applies to you as you say you have paid for premium but your log in isnt showing as premium after logging in and out. I could not log into Spotify at all.
They have stated above that if for some reason your playlists do delete, contact Spotify and they will link them back onto your account. So you shoulnd't lose your music.

After I contacted them within 1 day my account was fixed and I could login so I did'nt have to re-install the app. So I can't give you anymore advise then that.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

Suggested posts