Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login - can't use abroad.. I'm not abroad

Can't login - can't use abroad.. I'm not abroad

I signed up to spotify while in Australia using my Facebook details now I am back in New Zealand where I live I can't use spotify at all it's giving me an error when I try logging in saying I can't use it abroad for more than 14 days.
10 Replies

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Yup about 3 or 4 times this has been happening for almost a year now 😞

Is your country showing correctly here:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yup it's correct there

Is the same issue happening if you login via the desktop client or the web player? If it is, contact Spotify here and they should be able to help.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

hi, I am a free user and unable to change my country in the profile. there's only 1 option. any idea how to change that? the country is now uk that's not the country am based!

@yves_ 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you change the country 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah I struggled with the issue too. What you want to do is edit your account details so that you change your details of which country you live in

You are a genius!!!! I used your link to change my country and it worked within seconds! Thank you!

I have the same problem but I did not travel abroad...I just stop using the app almost two weeks and in my profile the country is correct. What can I do? Thanks!

Suggested posts