Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't make my playlists available offline on iphone 5s or computer.

Solved!

Can't make my playlists available offline on iphone 5s or computer.

Hi,

I am not able to make any of my playlists available offline on my iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1 10,6 GB of free space and version 0.9.4 of Spotify.
I have had spotify premium for about 3 years and I never had a problem on my old device.
It does not make any difference if I try to sync a brand new playlist or an old one. I have tried booth wifi and sync over 2g/3g (yes I have enabled it).
And a clean reinstallation did not do the trick.
And on top of it all I am also unable to make a offline playlist on my desktop.

Any ideas?

With best regards
UÅkesson

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You said that you can't make playlists available offline on the desktop client too which suggests a communication issue but the fact that you can't download music over 3G either has me baffled.

Can I suggest you get in touch with the support guys and, hopefully, they'll get to the bottom of things. I'd be really interested to hear the outcome 🙂 If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The problem have been isolated to my account since spotify worked perfectly on my devices with their test account.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

You can't synch local tracks over 3G so are you having trouble with downloading music from spotify or with synching local music from your PC? If you're trying to synch local files, does your iphone show under devices in the desktop client?

No, I am not trying to sync local files.

I am trying to make the music normally streamed to be playable offline via an offline playlist.
But it ends up whit a lot of grey circles with arrows in them a text that says syncing 0 of xx.
But no track is being synced, not even when I am playing them which has worked before.

Do you get any error messages when you try to make the playlist available offline? What does it show under subscription status on this page?

It says I have premium.
And no, I get no error message.

Update!
On my desktop it now says that there is a server error.
Problem on the phone still remains.

Marked as solution

You said that you can't make playlists available offline on the desktop client too which suggests a communication issue but the fact that you can't download music over 3G either has me baffled.

Can I suggest you get in touch with the support guys and, hopefully, they'll get to the bottom of things. I'd be really interested to hear the outcome 🙂 If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Thanks for your help, I will get in touch with them and see what they say.
I'll come back too you if a get it working.

Marked as solution

The problem have been isolated to my account since spotify worked perfectly on my devices with their test account.

Awesome. So they'll be able to wave their magic wand and soon get things working again 🙂

Hopefully 😄

Suggested posts