Announcements

Can’t pause podcast with Bluetooth while on a speed other than x1.0

Re: Can’t pause podcast with Bluetooth while on a speed other than x1.0

Travisplo
Regular

Just tested, and it definitely does work on a desktop version of Spotify on a laptop running Windows 10 at 2x speed.

Alex

Hey @Travisplo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try logging in with a different account, to test if it's an account related issue? You can create a free test account or ask a friend/family member to log in with theirs.

We tried reproducing this on our end, however pausing works on all speeds on all platforms we tried.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Travisplo
Regular

Made a quick free test account, and nope, still cannot pause with earbuds when listening to a podcast at 2x speed.

It's not an account issue- and it only happens when using specific devices. So, it's probably an issue with the specific software/driver that Raycon's "The Performer Earbuds" have, that "Tozo T6 True Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth Headphones" and "AOMAIS Sport II Portable Bluetooth Speaker" don't have, when interacting with Spotify, under the specific circumstances of listening to a podcast at a non-standard speed and attempting to pause.

If you want to find the source of the issue, try looking into what differences that these earbuds have with the other devices I listed, and the accessory devices of other users.

Alex

Hi @Travisplo,

Thanks for the detailed troubleshooting you've ran.

Since this issue only occurs with a certain model of headphones, we'd recommend reaching out to the support team of the manufacturer, as they would be able to give you more info on what can be done in this situation.

We've passed this info on to the right team at Spotify, however we can't say for sure when or if this is going to be fixed.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Travisplo
Regular

Thanks for passing it along. Already talked with the people at Raycon a bit, though when I noticed that it was an existing, if rare issue that already existed with Spotify, there wasn't much more to talk about, as it didn't seem likely to be an issue on their end.

SUGGESTED POSTS