Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play all the songs in my play list

Can't play all the songs in my play list

Hi

I can't seem to play the songs in my play list.  it will play one song and then skip to a completely different song that I don't even have on my lists.  It seems to default to play the next song based on some random shuffle.  Can someone please help me?  It does the same if I decide to play an artist's album, it will only play one song from that album and automatically goes on shuffle mode.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hi @berkley1868, welcome to the community!

You have probably added some songs to your Queue accidentally. Click on it (the icon on the bottom right corner of the screen, just besides the shuffle icon) and remove all songs.

Let me know if this works 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is exactly what happened to me, I randomly added one song to Up Next. After that, Spotify stopped working normally and I could not figure out how to get out of it. There were all of these songs in Up Next that I did not put in there and I did not know where they came from. Later, struggling to get out of there I accidentally added an entire playlist to Up Next!

Then after finally finding this post, had to delete one by one over 100 songs from the Up Next queue. I wish there was a way that we could see how this works what the Queue/ Up Next in the app so that we could use it properly, when we want to use and avoid using it when we really do not want to use it which is happened to two of us here based upon this entry, so imagine many more that got "stuck".

I'm generally not sure how information like this is disseminated to new users or users, but it would make sense to have some sort of new user orientation manual that would help new user/ subscribers make the best of the app, to understand all the different features that it has almost like instruction manual for another piece of technology. Or does this already exist, and I just missed it? Thank you.

*New feature: should definitely be able to purge this queue more easily!

Hi @mountaintopview,

Thank you for you message, it's always nice to have a complete feedback regarding an issue.

Acutally Spotify offers a complete support to users - please click here and check the playlists section for example. You can also look for specific commands in the Search field. Unfortunately there's currently no way to completely clear the queue using the mobile app, but you can do it through the desktop app 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts