Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t play any artist

Solved!

Can’t play any artist

I am unable to play any artists on Spotify ( it shows the 3 lines saying it’s playing on the main page but no music bar pops up) but I can play my daily mixes or personal playlist but nothing else I have tried everything on the Spotify help page the only thing that works is deleting the app and reinstalling it but after an hour or such it does the same thing again and again 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System

IOS 14.2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @User1114,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It sounds like this could be a device-related issue. In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. It's also important to make sure that there are no other apps running in the background.

You can also send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @User1114,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This step will clean the cache and corrupted files from previous installations that can cause issues.

You can also try with another internet connection.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I tried them all and the clean thing worked till I closed out of the app and went back in 10 mins later it stopped working again as well as everything else not working even logging into someone else’s account it still happened.

I tried them all and the clean thing worked till I closed out of the app and went back in 10 mins later it stopped working again as well as everything else not working even logging into someone else’s account it still happened.
Marked as solution

Hey @User1114,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It sounds like this could be a device-related issue. In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. It's also important to make sure that there are no other apps running in the background.

You can also send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Thank you this worked as I had a Safari ad blocker going at the time so I turned it off and did another one of those cleans and it works well now

Hey @User1114,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and everything is running smoothly again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts