Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t play downloaded songs offline with Premium on iPhone

Can’t play downloaded songs offline with Premium on iPhone

It all started yesterday, i was going to work and as always, i listen offline to my playlist that i downloaded months ago. And when i select the playlist, the green arrow is there but the songs show up dark. And i got a notification saying “this song was not downloaded. Do you want to become online to download?” And this happens with every darn music!! Or it says that i need to go online to confirm i’m a premium member. When i turn the 4G or Wi-fi on, the songs were all downloaded and it plays normally. But i want to listen offline without consuming Internet!!! 

Can someone help me? 

I reinstalled the app, my phone and the problem remains. 

This shouldn’t happen with premium

774AEFE5-4C54-4532-A61A-1AB8C628D3E6.png
C38C05B1-D5AB-4B2E-A9C9-D4F1D29E2536.png
5 Replies

I’m dealing with a Similar problem with my iPhone 7plus. The only solution ive found is restarting my phone but that doesn’t last for long before the offline songs Stop playing. I’ve got plenty of storage space on my phone I’m really considering dropping Spotify all together if this isn’t resolved soon. This premium membership isn’t worth it if I have to use my data 

I’m having the same issue right now, I have iPhone 12 mini and for some reason none of my downloaded songs work offline… disappointing since this is the main reason of having Spotify…

Hi there @Denise_pelusa,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done so fa, so we don't repeat steps unnecessarily? Also, do your downloads appear fully downloaded (full green circle and arrow) or do you get some kind of error message when you try playing songs offline.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am currently having the same issue. Restarted my phone, logged in and out of Spotify and nothing seems to be working.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you're experiencing issues with the offline content, it's important to start with a clean reinstall of the app as described here.

If the issue persists even after the clean reinstall, we'd need the brand/model and operating system of your device together with the Spotify app version you've installed. This'll help us prepare further troubleshooting steps.

In my experience issues with the offline content arise mostly due to some integrated cache clearing and battery/memory optimizing apps. Those vary across manufacturers. For iPhone that would be the battery saver mode and the background refresh. If you're using an iPhone, could you make sure to turn on the background refresh for Spotify and make sure the battery saver is turned off? How much free space do you have on the iPhone?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts