Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play locally produced songs in my own country?

Can't play locally produced songs in my own country?

Hiya, I'm on a Family Premium Plan from the Philippines with the following OS: iOS 12.1 (iPhone 6) 

I'm having a problem accessing music that is produced in my own country. I can access the Playlist, but on Web Player the tracks are grey-ed out...

Web Player ViewWeb Player View...and on my app I keep getting the message, "This playlist is currently empty."

Mobile App ViewMobile App ViewI don't know if there's a problem with my account settings because my other friends can access the tracks. I double checked my internet connection (which is fine) and my account country setting is on the Philippines - I don't understand why I can't access our locally produced music.

I've tried restarting the app, logging out and back in, and re-installing the app, but the problem seems to persist. Hoping for some help! 😞

1 Reply

Hey @talithaandrea.

Thanks for getting in touch!

When songs are greyed out, it means that they are not available. You'll be able to see these songs in desktop as well if you enable this in the settings.

Are you sure your friends do see the music, and are you sure they have accounts from the Philippines? Because if you do, something might be wrong with your account. Do you mind creating a new account? No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts