Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play podcasts-Couldn't Open Link

Solved!

Can't play podcasts-Couldn't Open Link

For some reason, whenever I want to play a podcast on my ipod touch, whatever podcast I try to access, I keep getting the following message.

Couldn't Open Link

Spotify can't open this type of link on this device

I Have a 6th Generation Ipod touch (it's about 3 years old), and I have the newest IOS system (10.3), and have the 8.1.0.623 Spotify app version. Songs and playlists work perfectly fine. I tried restarting my ipod (by holding down the power button until it said slide to power to off, then doing so), there are no available updates for either the IOS or Spotify app, and I have removed and reinstalled the Spotify App. I'm running out of ideas, and any suggestions would be appriciated!

30 Replies

I just read an article saying Spotify is rebuilding it's iOS and Android apps. Maybe they will fix it on this version? Fingers crossed.

We need a united front in getting Spotify to allow Ipod users to use the podcast feature in it's OS - What do you say? We need to revolt!

Yea, seriously!

I have the iPhone X and it’s saying that same message for anything that I click on.

Hi I’m unable to access my playlists the message “can’t access this type of link” pops up iOS 11.4 and spotify 8.4.53.689 , not really what I expect from Spotify, this has never happened before, please fix this !

mine is doing this right now too! i’ve uninstalled and installed it again and it’s done nothing 

ive been using spotify all day without a problem until I got that message 20 minutes ago. 

Same issue. Everything is up to date, it just quit allowing me to play my playlists. I can listen to an artist, but not my playlists. 

I enjoy Spotify, but it sounds like they haven’t been much help with whatever this issue is!

I’ve had the same problem too! I just re-started my phone, got the latest IOS 11.4 update & deleted/re-installed Spotify & still no difference. I have the 8 plus. 

Hoping for music soon!! 😕

yeah. i cant play my playlists? is something down orrrr??

Marked as solution

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that there's an idea for this in the Idea Exchange - make sure to add your vote to it here!

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts