Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Issue playing filtered Liked Songs via Connect

0 Likes

Hey folks!

We've been receiving reports that the Search function stops responding when Connect is in use. Tapping on a song search result doesn't do anything and the Now Playing view stops responding. This is being looked into.

We currently can't provide you with an exact timeframe in which a fix for this will be released but it's on our radar. As a workaround - try adding the song to the queue instead.

Keep us posted in case anything changes on your and we'll do the same 🙂
Many thanks!

Comments
x24j
Hello I am also having this problem 🙂

This is not an account issue. I reinstalled the app fresh on my phone and my Mac and I am still experiencing this bug. It only occurs when using Spotify Connect. When I use my phone device itself or Bluetooth I don't have any issues.

Do the following: Open go to your library, go to liked songs, then scroll up a bit to "Find in liked songs". Search for a song in your library and then try to play it. It will not play. (you can add to queue surprisingly)

Seems to be a Spotify Connect issue, please fix
buryat1

Started having the same issue a few weeks ago

Playing anything searched doesn’t work however playing liked songs works

Restart works but I don’t want to do it all the time

I had a longer description of the issue but your system didn’t let me post it

Calctinho

Literally same...typed the whole thing out then went to error. 

Restarting etc does fix it and like you, I don’t want to do it every time. There’s a bug in there somewhere.. pls fix it 

Eni

Hi folks! 

Thanks for letting us know that. 

@x24j, could you check if all your devices’ software is up-to-date? Also, would you mind trying it with a different internet connection?

@buryat1, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device? Additionally, could you let us know if this is happening when you're using the Connect feature or when you're streaming directly on your device as well?

@Calctinho, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update? We'd also like to know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices where you're experiencing this. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

x24j

i have the latest software and have experienced on several networks

buryat1

iphone 12 pro max

ios 14.3

spotify 8.5.93.494

I experienced it both in Spotify Connect mode and standalone

also made a recording of the issue: https://youtu.be/-qXNcAWdvSA

I search for Quake, and then try to play a few songs without success (the play button changes though), then go to my liked songs and it works, switch back to search and playing doesn't work.

(also got an error while trying to send this message, luckily copied my message before, hopefully it's also useful to you)

IMG_2993.jpg.jpg
Calctinho

Exactly as above

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

@x24j, @Calctinho, could you send over your device's model and exact OS version so we can take a better look?

@buryat1, is this happening when you log into your account using a different device or a different internet connection? 

Keep us posted!

x24j

iOS 14.3, iPhone 11 Pro Max

Katlua
Here in 2021 with the same issue. If I clear cache it sometimes starts working but like so irritating smh