Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Issue playing filtered Liked Songs via Connect

0 Likes

Hey folks!

We've been receiving reports that the Search function stops responding when Connect is in use. Tapping on a song search result doesn't do anything and the Now Playing view stops responding. This is being looked into.

We currently can't provide you with an exact timeframe in which a fix for this will be released but it's on our radar. As a workaround - try adding the song to the queue instead.

Keep us posted in case anything changes on your and we'll do the same 🙂
Many thanks!

Comments
Lukaskas
As mentioned in my initial contribution to this thread there is no particular time i can pinpoint. At least over half a year. I would have reported it earlier, but the apps do not have a feedback possibility.
It happens independently from the connection type.

Eni

Hey there @Lukaskas

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

We suggest that you check the firewall and antivirus on your PC and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Also, it's a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

If the issue still persists after following those steps, would you mind sending us a screen recording of what you're seeing on your end?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

gunnarat

This started happening to me and my girlfriend a couple of months ago. Can't pinpoint it further as we thought this to be such an obvious performance regression that this would get tackled.

We have a Wifi connected Chromecast/Spotify connect NAD amplifier that might be the culprit.

The symptoms are basically that everything related to playing hangs in the Spotify interface. Searching and browsing works fine but we can't play any songs, the interface does not show any feedback that it is responding. Sometimes it resolves itself in a couple of seconds so it might be some kind of synchronization call that is timing out and then relinquishing control back to the iPhone.

We both have an iPhone, this has has happened on an iPhone 7 and an iPhone XR and I just received a brand new iPhone 12 Pro which shows the problem right out of the box on version 8.6.0.904.

We both are running seperate accounts under the same family plan.

Jeremy

Hey there @gunnarat

Thank you for your post in this thread.

It would be great if you can confirm if you're experiencing troubles when you're using Connect only? This thread is mostly reports from users who are having troubles when they use Connect and filter and then can't play songs. If your issue is different, it might be a better idea to start a new thread so we can take a look on your specific issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

Anthonyas4

I also have the same problem. I have the premium family plan.

I have an iPhone XS and problem exists on both WiFi and cellular data. I’ve deleted the app, re-downloaded. No luck.

When I search an artist and attempt to play a song the song does not play. When a friend sends a link and I try to play the song, the song doesn’t play. The only way around it, I have found, is to click “play xyz song radio” and I am able to click the song from the radio playlist.

this is extremely frustrating 

Anthonyas4
I tried to upload a screen recording but the 5mb max for attachment is too limited, is there a way I can get in contact and share a screen recording of this issue?
CarlosE

Hi there @Anthonyas4,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you let us know all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread that you've already tried? This is so we don't repeat anything and know where to start.

Regarding the reinstall and just to confirm, did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide?

We'd also like to know if this happens while using Connect or just in general.

Lastly, you can upload the screen recording to your drive or YouTube and send us the link so we can take a better look at the issue.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

Lukaskas

Hi, 

It is not a firewall issue and not a Battery saving issue, since it is possible to play songs, but only after adding them to one of my playlists. 

This is clearly a issue on your end and I would appreciate, if you would read the whole problem description allready given, before replying. 

Attached you find a screen recordings of the problem after i had finally time to record it. It shows the problem on my mac and my iPhone. As you can see on the mac also the music progress bar is rolling on, but no music is playing any more. 

(Please read my old threads first before you ask which device and Version. Spotify app is uptodate on all devices)

Alex

Hey @Lukaskas,

Thanks for the info and the video recordings.

We appreciate the time you've put into this. As this issue does not affect all users we need to go through several troubleshooting stages in order to narrow down exactly what's causing this behavior.

We've passed this on to the team who are looking into the issue 🙂

Cheers.

x24j

@ver any updates on when this is expected to be fixed. i literally use apple music now because of this issue. 

03A9DCEC-682E-4B89-A0BA-B1ABA15E5471.png