Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play tracks through 'Fans also like' intent (iOS)

Can't play tracks through 'Fans also like' intent (iOS)

Take a look at the video that I've attached. Whenever I try to navigate to any artist's page through 'fans also like' section, I'm unable to play any of that artist's songs.
Once this buggy context is created, it doesn't matter even if I manually search this artist again and try to play any of its songs. I either need to try playing some other artist or kill the app and replay. This is an assured bug!

3 Replies

Thanks for reaching out. I would recommend a clean reinstallation of Spotify, you can do so here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

I would also try restarting your device and cleaning storage, this may also be causing problems with Spotify.

I hope this helps!

if you find my answer helpful, you can pin as “solution”

Didn't work.

Hey @abhilash2908,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you give the clean reinstall another go, but this time using the steps here? They are a bit more thorough. It's a good idea to also make sure that Spotify has all permissions enabled and is excluded from any battery or storage optimization services you might have active.

If that doesn't fix things, could you ask a friend or family member to log in to their account on your device and see if you can replicate this behavior. Alternatively you can create a free account with a different mail here. Make sure to also include the model, OS version and exact Spotify version on your device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts