Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t remove unliked songs from Artist tab.

Can’t remove unliked songs from Artist tab.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 12

Under the Artist tab, there are some artists with unliked songs that I don’t want to listen to. I can’t find any way to remove them. Some artists only have the songs I have liked, while others have unliked songs. We used to be able to remove them under Song tab which is no longer there. Do I need to create a playlist for every single artist? Why should I create new playlist for artists when there is an artist tab? It’s kind of redundant. This is not user friendly.

5 Replies

RIGHT. this is literally the worst update ever. the artists also aren’t in alphabetical order and the little alphabet thing that was on the right in the songs folder is gone too so if i wanna scroll to a song starting with s i literally have to manually scroll all the way down instead of simply tapping the s. literally who thought this update was a good idea?? the “liked songs” feature is dumb too. i miss the little plus sign you tapped to save a song and the tick that it switched to when it was saved. that big **bleep** heart is obnoxious. i see it enough on social media, i don’t want to see it on spotify. functionality aside, the whole aesthetic of this update is just not it. it’s all so ugly. please stop messing with what isn’t broken. i’m begging you.

Hi Pinky,

I know this will not alleviate all your issues, but you can sort artists by alphabetical order by going to the filters button beside the search tab and selecting Artists. 

that only works for the artists you follow. which for me is probably only about 6 people. everyone else is scrambled. i don’t see why i should have to go through and follow every artist just to have them appear in alphabetical order.

Yes, I should have mentioned that that only works for artists you're following, sorry. A very tedious workaround for this would be to sort your liked songs by artist and go and follow each artist manually. This probably wouldn't be very feasible, especially for those with large libraries, but it might be worth it to do so for artists you listen to frequently, at least until Spotify (hopefully) reverts this. 

I hate not being able to remove certain songs from an album if I “unlike” them they still play and if I “unlike” the album it’s still there but under the artists name not under albums so if I wanna listen to MGKs newest album I have to go to artist search for him and listen to ALL the music I have by him when I JUST WANT TO LISTEN TO HOTEL DIABLO MY GOD. Btw I also have the same phone as you.

Suggested posts