Can’t search my library by song or artist??

Can’t search my library by song or artist??

Guy20
Casual Listener

This new update is terrible. The options in my library are: playlists, artists (which is empty), and albums. Where did songs go? I only like a few songs off an album and would often put the songs from my library on shuffle and let it play. Now I can’t find 80%of my songs. I don’t want to make playlists. My library was my playlist. The reason I didn’t delete my account was so I wouldn’t lose all the songs I’ve saved but Spotify just lost them all with one update.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone

Operating System

(iOS 

My Question or Issue

24 Replies

Re: Can’t search my library by song or artist??

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Guy20 , welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

Don't worry! You're saved songs are not gone. They can be found now in Your Library inside Favorite Songs.

Hope it helps :)

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Laura_antonia
Visitor

Fully agree with OP. This update is awful. The solution offered does not fix the problem. We want to view saved artists as well as saved songs. Help please!

Sarahegale

It’s so ridiculous!!!! Sometimes I know there’s a song that I’ve saved that I want to play by a specific artistic but I can’t remember the name of it so I will search by artist I have saved and now that area is empty? wth??? And I don’t want all of my saved songs to be in a playlist!! I just want it to be a library where I can’t search them and I can’t  do that either and more than half of them have disappeared. FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

Kvandreel

99% of the time I’m going through my music by artist. Why would we take the way to search our music away? I have hundreds of saved songs why would I want to go through them all in one playlist? That totally defeats the purpose of this app. Might as well have an iPod nano at this point.

cjs3001

There can't just be a few of us annoyed by this. My husbands and friends looks how they used to and mine doesn't and I have no idea why. Not being able to search in songs is ridiculous or being able to look at artists (who is going to manually go add all their favourites?!) 

Mohawk762

Please change it back to how it was. Or just add an "all songs" on the top.

Screenshot_20190519-123914_Spotify.jpg

analogkid2112
Casual Listener

Spotify broke their app.  How do you show a Spotify artist page with an “Artist” link on the My Library tab?  Even the Albums link shows my favorited albums; makes sense right, it’s what I favorited.  Oh I see, here are the artist pages for some of the artists you’ve favorited, please add some more so our artist page hits increase.  Thanks for wasting my time, I won’t be renewing my membership 

Mel-Audentia
Casual Listener

It looks like there is a playlist called "Liked Songs" at the top of the Playlist section in new UI. This has only songs I have actually liked/hearted. Does that help you at all? 

Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

"Don't worry! You're saved songs are not gone. They can be found now in Your Library inside Favorite Songs."

No they are not. Only individual songs you LIKED go there. I have over 2000 songs saved and only 28 in that liked playlist. Sick of you lot lieing about**bleep** update.

Then i hear about the "Like all songs" option with the albums...but no THAT DOES NOT WORK EITHER. Just admit, they **bleep**ed up the UI and stop lieing.

SUGGESTED POSTS