Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share tracks iPhone 5s.

Can't share tracks iPhone 5s.

When I have a track I want to share I click share. I get the 5 different options to share. I always use SMS or email.

When I select either of them a transition screen appears momentarily as if its working normally then it disappears showing the share screen again.

Using my girlfriends iphone 5 with the same version of spotify (0.9.0) everything works normally. However, something that I just don't understand is that while running Spotify on both phones the screens have a different layout. I don't understand how or why this would be. They both are running the same version of spotify and have the same screen size.

Any help would be nice.

15 Replies

This issue is on iPad Air too.

Make me think that the issue runs with A7 processor.

Now that I have an iPad Air and an iPhone 5S, noone will know what I am listening too.

Sharing don't work, email, text message nor twitter.

Any help would be nice.

I have been able to get sharing to work on my 5s. Not sure what's going on with yours. Perhaps try reinstalling the app? Also, make sure you are on the latest iOS.

Can also confirm that sharing works with my 5S.

A reinstall might definitely be your best bet.
Let us know what happens.

Didi it twice... don't work.

Did you share by Text Message, email or twitter ?

FB or friends on spotify is still working, but text message, twitter or email are broken.

Hi @jrbevis!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble sharing your favorite tracks on Spotify. Let's see if we can work something out so you can get back to being social with your friends and family.

I've tested the sharing function (by tapping the "Share" button when a track is playing) and it's worked across many of my devices, unfortunately, I don't have access to an iPhone 5S to test if it's device specific. However, I would recommend trying these steps to see if the issue will correct itself.

1) Make sure your device is up-to-date.
Ensure that your device is up to date with the most current iOS public release.

2) Re-Install the application.
Remove the application in its entirety from your iDevice; if you know how to clear the cache from your device, I would advise doing this as well.

Before re-installing the application, do a hard reboot of the iDevice (hold the Power Button and slide to shut the unit down completely). Power the unit back on and re-install the application.

Confirm whether or not the "Share" function on your Spotify is working now.

3) Restore your iDevice back to Factory Default Settings.
This is typically the most undesirable recommendation as you risk losing many pieces of precious data from your phone. However, this typically fixes many issues in the long run.

Let me now if any of these solutions helped you out!

Best,
Mikey

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hi

1a- iPhone 5S - iOS 7.0.3

1b- iPad Air iOS 7.0.3

2 - App deleted, device reseted, app installed 0.90, still don't work on both

3 - I won't do that, by the way, both devices were brand new... so factory settings were there à few days ago...

Tuesday morning sharig with twitter and/or text message was fine on an iPad 4th Generation, (A6 proc) and wednesday sharing was broken on an iPad Air  (A7 proc)

Device is up to date. App deleted & reinstalled.

Still not working. I can share with spotify people & facebook friends I don't use twitter so I'm not sure if that works. Email and SMS not working.

twitter sharing is not working.

Sharing issues on iOS 7 on iPhone 5 and 5S (and I'm guessing iPad Air) is a known issue as reported on one of the release notes topics and also via a super user escalation here on the community. - So the Spotify team are aware of the issue. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I believe @Grumpfff is right about the problems with the A7 processor.

@TrevorBalwin93 Quite easy to find, everything was right with A6 devices and iOS 7.0.3, and now it's broken with A7 devices with the same iOS Version

@Peter wrote:

Sharing issues on iOS 7 on iPhone 5 and 5S (and I'm guessing iPad Air) is a known issue as reported on one of the release notes topics and also via a super user escalation here on the community. - So the Spotify team are aware of the issue. 

Peter

Yep, I talked to Per about this. A fix should be coming in a future update hopefully. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi everyone, just got word that we expecty this to be fixed with the next Spotify for iOS release. Hang in there; it shouldn't be too much longer now.

You can always subscribe to this thread to be notified when we release a new version.

Community Ergo Sum

You can automatically backup iPhone to iTunes when you plug it in to your Mac or PC. This back up data is locked and you can set a password by scrolling down in the "Summary" tab and checking the "Encrypt iPhone Backup Box" and set a password. All your data (Music, Movies, Apps, Contacts, Photos) etc. will be in your iTunes libraries and on file (just in case you lose or somehow delete your data) and it will always be there with your input of a password. Besides the Music on your device, you can't add anything else on a CD.

Another way of backup is easier- iCloud. Assuming your device is an iOS 5 device (iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 1st generation, iPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 4th generation, and Apple TV) you have iCloud. Your iPhone automatically backs up all your data (even home screen layout and wallpaper!) to the Cloud (Apple's Servers) when your device is locked, on WiFi, and plugged in charging. You will need to turn on iCloud Backup in Settings> iCloud> Storage and Backup> and slide the toggle switch to ON.

What this will do is save your data, so if something happens to your device, Example: You get the new iPhone 5 when it comes out next year, and when you setup your device, you can just tap "Restore from iCloud backup" and that's it. Your device is back to normal. (You don't have to do this by the way).

Hope this helps.:)

Suggested posts