Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sort playlists (desktop and mobile)

Solved!

Can't sort playlists (desktop and mobile)

I want to sort my playlists to put the newest ones first. I found several articles on Google about how to do this but when I try to follow the steps, the UI I seem to have in both my Desktop and iOS versions does not match with what the article says. I got the latest version of the apps.

For example, I don't have a 'filter' button/option on the top right corner of any playlist.

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 8 Plus / Macbook Pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Catalina)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @altmixtapes and @rhrahulhaldarm,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community. 

The ability to sort the songs in your own playlists is a feature you can only access on Premium. 

If you'd like to know more about this, here you'll find a good comparison between what Spotify free and Premium have to offer as well as how each version works for every different device. 

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @altmixtapes,

Please Take A Look At These Two Spotify Community Discussions: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Unable-to-change-order-of-playlists-in-app/td-p/4781287
https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Rearrange-songs-in-a-playlist/td-p/4676785

Hope You Will Able To Solve The Issue.. However, For Any Further Query.. Please Feel Free To Post Here Again.. Spotify's Rockstars / Moderators Will Assist And Guide You Further With Their Technical Expertise..

With Best Wishes & Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan

Thanks Rahul but unfortunately, those community discussions refer to different issues.

I want to sort playlists created by me but the UI seems to be different than what is described by articles about the subject. I'm attaching a screenshot here.

Thanks!

IMG_425E2A20F54E-1.jpg

Hi @altmixtapes,

Thank You For Reverting Back Dear.. Not To Worry At All Mate.. Spotify's Rockstar / Moderator Will Surely Assist And Guide You Further Dear.. For The Time Being Keep Listening To Your Favourite Tune.. And Once The Problem Gets Solved, Create Your Desired Playlist And Please Do Not Forget To Share With Us.. We Will Surely Enjoy Your Selection Of Songs..

With Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan
Marked as solution

Hey @altmixtapes and @rhrahulhaldarm,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community. 

The ability to sort the songs in your own playlists is a feature you can only access on Premium. 

If you'd like to know more about this, here you'll find a good comparison between what Spotify free and Premium have to offer as well as how each version works for every different device. 

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Thanks Mario. 

I think Spotify should make that clearer. I had not seen that info anywhere else. All articles I saw simply said it was possible. I had a look at the article you linked and it does not say that sorting playlists if for premium users only (I'm not complaining about the fact that this feature is only for premium users, just about the lack of informtion). 

Anyway, thanks for the clarification!

Hey @altmixtapes,

Thanks for replying and sharing your feedback. 

As a heads-up, if you ever feel like suggesting improvements or new (even old!) features to be implemented, it'd be great for you to take a look at the Ideas section in the Community.

It's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts