Premium

Country

• Sweden

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.2.1

My Question or Issue

Me and two friends were having a Group Session. All having iPhones. The day after we noticed we were still connected while in our cars. However, me as the host could not stop the session while connected to the car’s Bluetooth. And my friends could not leave the session while he was connected to his car’s bluetooth. Once we disconnected bluetooth, we were both able to stop/disconnect.

The issue was that the button to stop session/disconnect did not react to being pressed.

4 Replies

Hi @Thildir

Welcome to the Community!

When you use the Group session, make sure to tap on either Leave session or if you were the one who started it on End session after you finish listening with your friends as it doesn't end automatically. It's important to do this before connecting to another device via Bluetooth. 

Thanks for your feedback – we appreciate it! We always aim to improve, so we’ll get this passed on to the right team. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni!

Yea we found that out, but figured it must be a bug. And since the Group Session feature is still in beta I wanted to share it on here.

Thanks!

This thread shouldn’t be marked as resolved, as it’s clearly a bug. I’ve reported the same issue here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Can-t-disconnect-from-group-session/m-p/5153187/hig...

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

We've replied to you in the original thread you've created. Feel free to go ahead and check out our answer there. 

Cheers! 

Suggested posts