Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't stream music on my Ipad evan though I have premium account

Solved!

Can't stream music on my Ipad evan though I have premium account

Hi,

I have premium account. Can play music unlimited on my computer and Black Berry. Bought an Ipad 3, downloaded the Ipad-app, log-in but can't stream music or access my playlists. Spotify says "....to stream music you need the premium account..." which I have.

Whats wrong? How to solve?

Would really appreciate guidence since this is a dead-end for my knowledge and very frustrating.

Sincerely

Roger

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@LawLady09 wrote:
Ya I am having the same problem. I have premium and my iPad app says I need to upgrade to premium to stream... Can you help??

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you only just recently upgraded? If so, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

39 Replies

Hey RogerB, welcome to the Community.

It looks like you've got two accounts with us. Check out my instructions here to get things sorted.

Let me know if you need further help.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

When i log in on ipad app, i can see the playlists but all say 0 tracks, when i open each playlist it shows the tracks but i cannot open them as i get a popup saying i need spotofy premium, which i have......

I have logged out and in again, using spotify details rather than fb details but no joy....."

Since posting this morning, i now can no longer access through my facebook account. So, as it stands, i am paying for spotify premium but do not have a spotify premium account on my ipad......

I request a swift reply please,

Thanks

Cinnamonsitges - I've just taken a look at your account, and it seems that you're currently on an Unlimited subscription. In order to use the full set of features, you'd need to upgrade to a Premium subscription. You can do this from the subscription page.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi,

I upgraded to a premium account but when I try to stream music it says "Only premium uses can stream on demand." I undownloaded the app and redownloaded it but it nothing has changed. 

Hey vickyxxx, welcome to the Community.

Our upgrade servers were just being a little slow yesterday. You should be fully upgraded now and able to stream to a mobile device. Let us know if this isn't the case though.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi. 

when l open app on iPad it says I need premium to stream music but I have a premium account. The app on my iPhone works normally. 

GR

HJ

@hjslings wrote:

Hi. 

when l open app on iPad it says I need premium to stream music but I have a premium account. The app on my iPhone works normally. 

GR

HJ

See my post here

Hi the same thing happens to me. So what should i do?

@Agung_wp wrote:

Hi the same thing happens to me. So what should i do?

Try logging out, full restarting your device and then logging in again. 

If that doesn't work, try a quick clean reinstallation of the client. 

Peter

Peter

Hello, I am premium but my IPAD 4 says I'm not. What I should do? Help please.

@rafaelhenrique wrote:

Hello, I am premium but my IPAD 4 says I'm not. What I should do? Help please.

Have you tried logging out, fully restarting your iPad and then logging in again?

Peter

Peter

I supposedly have premium but when I try to play individual songs on my iPhone the app says that I need to upgrade to spotify premium to stream- please help, thanks

@Bmccaffrey wrote:

I supposedly have premium but when I try to play individual songs on my iPhone the app says that I need to upgrade to spotify premium to stream- please help, thanks

Try reinstalling the app.

I have paid for a premium membership, and recieved the receipt from Paypal that it was charged, yet it isn't being credited on my Spotify account. I'm not able to stream on my mobile devices.

@missmandylion wrote:

I have paid for a premium membership, and recieved the receipt from Paypal that it was charged, yet it isn't being credited on my Spotify account. I'm not able to stream on my mobile devices.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Sometimes there can be a slight delay between upgrading and it being recognised on your devices. 
I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter

I've verified that the PayPal transaction has gone through and the money has been debited from my account, yet it's not showing on my subscriptions page, or my mobile apps. I've tried logging in/out, uninstalling/reinstalling several times.

@missmandylion wrote:
I've verified that the PayPal transaction has gone through and the money has been debited from my account, yet it's not showing on my subscriptions page, or my mobile apps. I've tried logging in/out, uninstalling/reinstalling several times.

Hey 🙂 

If you have paid but your account is showing online as free, then you are most likely logging into the wrong account or a duplicate one (its amazingly easy to have 2!). Make sure you are using exactly the same details as when you subscribed. If you can't locate your paid account, get in touch with the payments team using the online contact form and they will be able to track if down for you using your billing details or receipt number.

Peter

Peter

I just purchased the premium account and I can't even stream my music. My ipad app only allows me to use the radio. What am I doing wrong? Please advise.

Suggested posts