Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't stream music on my Ipad evan though I have premium account

Solved!

Can't stream music on my Ipad evan though I have premium account

Hi,

I have premium account. Can play music unlimited on my computer and Black Berry. Bought an Ipad 3, downloaded the Ipad-app, log-in but can't stream music or access my playlists. Spotify says "....to stream music you need the premium account..." which I have.

Whats wrong? How to solve?

Would really appreciate guidence since this is a dead-end for my knowledge and very frustrating.

Sincerely

Roger

39 Replies

@mykoolaidsmile wrote:
I just purchased the premium account and I can't even stream my music. My ipad app only allows me to use the radio. What am I doing wrong? Please advise.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It keeps saying I need to be a premium user if I want to stream music on my mobile devices. But I am already a premium user and I'm paying for a service which I cannot use. Please advise...

@Winzy03 wrote:
It keeps saying I need to be a premium user if I want to stream music on my mobile devices. But I am already a premium user and I'm paying for a service which I cannot use. Please advise...

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter

Ya I am having the same problem. I have premium and my iPad app says I need to upgrade to premium to stream... Can you help??
Marked as solution

@LawLady09 wrote:
Ya I am having the same problem. I have premium and my iPad app says I need to upgrade to premium to stream... Can you help??

Have you only just recently upgraded? If so, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the prompt response Peter! The clean installation did the trick. Many thanks!

Hi, I have the same problem, my Premium account works fine but when I try to use it on the iphoe it sais "Only Premium users can stream on demand" I have tried re-installing the app and turning the iphone off and back on and non of these have worked.......I just found out aboutSpotify and I really ould like to use is for years to com but I would not like to be paying $10 per month for something that is not working right......

Please reply and help....

@calziman wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem, my Premium account works fine but when I try to use it on the iphoe it sais "Only Premium users can stream on demand" I have tried re-installing the app and turning the iphone off and back on and non of these have worked.......I just found out aboutSpotify and I really ould like to use is for years to com but I would not like to be paying $10 per month for something that is not working right......

Please reply and help....

Are you still having issues? 

If so are you 100% sure you are logging in using the correct details?

Peter

Peter

I can't find out how to upgrade....I have the free account and the trial ran out. I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade now ...any help?

@Pat1992 wrote:
I can't find out how to upgrade....I have the free account and the trial ran out. I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade now ...any help?

You should be able to do that from your online overview.

Peter

Peter

I am premium but today it says streaming only for premium. Bounces me too radio. What do I do?

@Larenceost wrote:
I am premium but today it says streaming only for premium. Bounces me too radio. What do I do?

Looks like we've been unable to take a payment this month. Aww. We're not able to see exactly why but if everything's okay with your bank account give subscribing another go from your subscription page.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have a premium account and I can listen to music offline on my laptop and phone, but not on my ipad.  It won't download the songs.  Any idea what's happening here?

What actually shows when you try to download? Any error messages? Try the steps in this post.

I followed all directions, uninstalled and reinstalled on my iPhone 4s, but I still can't get premium--even though it says I am a premium customer.  What should I do?

@starbreeze9 wrote:

I followed all directions, uninstalled and reinstalled on my iPhone 4s, but I still can't get premium--even though it says I am a premium customer.  What should I do?

Hey @starbreeze9 🙂 

Did you get this sorted out!?

Peter

Peter

Hi.  Like the others, my iPad app no longer allows me to stream after initial 48 hour premium trial - just radio option.  Haven't upgraded yet, but does "free" not allow streaming on demand on iOS devices?  No issues on Mac.

Please advise - thanks!

@jpios wrote:

Hi.  Like the others, my iPad app no longer allows me to stream after initial 48 hour premium trial - just radio option.  Haven't upgraded yet, but does "free" not allow streaming on demand on iOS devices?  No issues on Mac.

Please advise - thanks!

@jpios - You need a Spotify Premium account to access your playlists on any mobile device including an iPad. 

Peter

Peter

I am having the same problem, but on iPhone. Similar quirk I presume.

I upgraded to Premium yesterday. 

I have:

Logged in and out several times

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times

Restarted my device several times.

My account says I am locked and loaded here on PC but doesnt apply to the devices. Pretty disappointed. Any additional tips?

@mikereynolds210 wrote:

I am having the same problem, but on iPhone. Similar quirk I presume.

I upgraded to Premium yesterday. 

I have:

Logged in and out several times

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times

Restarted my device several times.

My account says I am locked and loaded here on PC but doesnt apply to the devices. Pretty disappointed. Any additional tips?

Hey there.

This is known problem, fix is coming asap.

Suggested posts