Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t swipe to queue songs or add to library since latest update

Can’t swipe to queue songs or add to library since latest update

SInce the latest Spotify update installed on my iPhone last night I’ve found that it won’t let me swipe left or right now to queue or add a song to my library. 

I could do this prior to the update. 

Say for instance I search for an artist and go to the artist’s page where it shows the top few songs at the top. The ability to swipe left or right seems to have gone. The only way to queue or add a song to my library now is to press on the little dots next to the song name and then pick the appropriate option. 

Is is this just happening for me or are others experiencing the same behaviour?

7 Replies

I have the same problem, it's only in the artist view, that has been reworked.

Same!  I would love if this got patched.  I really dislike it

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I tried it on my end and it's working:

IMG_0581.jpegI can swipe to queue songs from Popular songs of an artist

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Reinstalling the app doesn’t make any difference - it’s clear this behaviour is by design in the latest Spotify app update. 

I have v 8.4.88.280 of the Spotify app and IOS version 12.1.2. 

I find myself constantly trying to swipe to queue songs, and about 5-10 seconds in I remember it doesn't work anymore. It's become so natural to do it that way, hope it is not intended to be like this for the future.

I've been having the same problem for the last week only. I have version 8.4.93 of Spotify and 12.1.4 on iOS.

I restarted my phone, uninstalled the app, and reinstalled it.

update: today, I noticed I didn't have any trouble adding songs to the queue IF they were in any playlist except the new "Favorite Songs" library. In "Favorite Songs", those songs can't be added to the queue and don't have the three dots on the right for more options.

Nothing that was suggested works, I have the latest version for Android please help. Just because it works for you doesnt mean it works for everyone.

Suggested posts