Can't sync Local files to iPhone - "waiting to download"

Solved!

Re: Can't sync Local files to iPhone - "waiting to download"

spotify_user_82
Casual Listener

Wow, I tried so many solutions I found online and none of them worked but this one did! I have a Macbook Air and an iPhone 7. Thank you!

jbrins

I had this issue for SO long!! No matter what I did none of the suggestions worked, except hotspotting my laptop to my phone! 

SO WEIRD. 

musicsteroids
Regular

Still doesn't work. I've tried EVERYTHING

musicsteroids
Regular

I have scoured community threads, emailed back and forth with Spotify support team, searched YouTube, and STILL, NOTHING WORKS! I cannot download my local files on my iPhone, they are simply greyed out, and when I try to play it, I get a message saying "Song Not Downloaded, If you own the song, you can sync it from your computer." 

WHAT I'VE DONE ALREADY: 

• I've reinstalled Spotify on both my PC and iPhone and both of them are running the latest version. 
  • I've gone into my Spotify preferences on my PC and toggled on iTunes for local files
  • I then put my desired songs (for instance: Taylor Swift) into a seperate playlist, leave my desktop version running, open up Spotify on my iPhone, find the playlist, and toggle download for offline use. It either says "Downloading" "Downloaded" or "Waiting to Download" yet NOTHING will play on my phone. 
  • I've checked to see if Windows Firewall is blocking Spotify, but it wasn't
  • I've tried downloading over a personal hotspot
  • I've gone into settings on Spotify > playback > and toggled off "Hide Unplayable Songs" 

I'm running Windows 10 on my PC and the latest version of IOS on my iPhone, both phone and laptop are connected to the same WIFi network. I have the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (listing storage because people commenting on threads say it could be a storage issue) I have Spotify Premium. Apple Music doesn't sound too bad now. Please help. I haven't gotten an email back from Spotify technicians. 

derekm228

A lot of the suggestions failed me. I restarted my router and that did the trick.

AdorableNinja

Thank you so much! This is exactaly what I need!

Re: Can't sync Local files to iPhone UPDATE - "waiting to download"

musicsteroids
Regular
I'm not sure how this problem was fixed for me quite recently but one day they just started downloading and I did nothing different. Sorry to everyone else is having this problem, I know how frustrating it can be

lich51644

You, you're my savior.

heliosleto
Regular

PERFECT SOLUTION

meganemer4

In case anyone still needs the answer - oftentimes wifi for colleges sets up firewalls against this, so just connect to a hotspot on your phone and download with cellular. I spent days trying to figure this out...

SUGGESTED POSTS