Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync local files on my iPhone 4 (Windows 7)

Can't sync local files on my iPhone 4 (Windows 7)

I've been trying to sync my local files to my iphone for about 2 weeks now but to no avail. My iPhone 4 doesn't show up on my Spotify devices on either of the computers that I use (both running Windows 7). I know that I used to be able to sync the local files because I still have one from when I first synced my iPhone and got spotify about a month ago. I've tried all of the fixes I've seen, turning off firewall, reinstalling Spotify on my phone and computer, turning off antivirus, etc. Are there any solutions to this problem or is there a way around having to use Wi-Fi so I can just plug my phone in? That would make the most sense and would be easiest. 

Thank you for any help you can give me!

4 Replies

Tried resetting my router today and disabling all kind of firewall and antivirus on my computer to no avail. I'm very dissapointed with this, I love spotify, but the fact that I can't listen to Led Zeppelin or The Beatles because spotify doesn't have the rights and wants to do everything through WiFi pisses me off. There is no reason to have the cord work for my ipod nano and not for my iPhone. It can't be that hard to make it work that way either. Please make two options for people who can't get their devices to show up on WiFi. My brother has the same problem I do.

Same here.  If it's not fixed with the next updated, Im cancelling my subsciption.

It's the windows firewall. I've tried it a few times and it syncs when the firewall is off but stops syncing when I turn it back on. Simple. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with an iPhone 4 and an iPad 3 - both now sync ok. Yes you need to connect wirelessly but I'm just glad I've managed to sort it out once and for all.

Thank you so much, synching works fine now! Win Firewall is really a strange system 🙂

Suggested posts