Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync personal tracks from laptop to iPhone app

Can't sync personal tracks from laptop to iPhone app

So spotify doesn't have a couple of my favorite albums for streaming, which is fine as I already own them on iTunes. However, every time I try to get those albums and songs onto my iphone app by making them available offline in a playlist, they don't download and it tells me "Song Not Downloaded"

Any help?

21 Replies

Hey @jsoener

Have you tried the help guide?

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files

Note: This feature is for Premium users only.

1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Log into Spotify on your iPhone using the same WiFi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap the menu button ().
  4. Tap Your Music.
  5. Tap Playlists.
  6. Tap the playlist containing local files from your computer.
  7. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, that's exactly what I did, but the songs didn't download

@jsoener

If you have made sure your iOS device and computer are connected to the same WiFi network,

Can you try again after first removing your iOS device as an offline device and then after that reinstall the iOS app?

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

In the past someone posted here about the same problem and that is what fixed it for them.

MattSudaSpotify Star

You can also make playlists on iTunes and open the Spotify application, on your computer, then see them, as long as you have opened iTunes on the same computer, before. I can see my iTunes playlists, in Spotify, on my mobile device. Once you have accessed the iTunes playlists, on your mobile device, you can add songs to it, from Spotify, as well. I hope this helps. It's been a while, since I first opened the Spotify application on my computer, to notice my iTunes Playlists and I have an Android device, but it should work for you, the same.

Follow me

@MattSuda wrote:

@jsoener

If you have made sure your iOS device and computer are connected to the same WiFi network,

Can you try again after first removing your iOS device as an offline device and then after that reinstall the iOS app?

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

In the past someone posted here about the same problem and that is what fixed it for them.

This didn't work either. The playlist I put the local files on showed up on the iOS app, but when i went to the playlist none of the songs were there, and would still not download. Also, my iPhone doesn't show up on the offline devices list anymore after reinstalling it.

@jsoener

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac computer?

Do you have a firewall or antivirus program that could be blocking the sync?

Temporarily disabling it should let the local files sync.

If you don't have a firewall or that doesn't work, let me know and I can see what else to suggest. Every time someone posts about this problem it's very tricky to pinpoint what exactly the problem is. It's not always so easy to find the problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I was finally able to solve the problem by using a usb to connect to my computer, thanks for the help!

Disabling the Firewall helped in my case.
Thanks a lot

I tried this on a Windows and Mac but when i open the playist on my phone there is no music there and only a message telling me to add music. 

I had this issue. Just fixed it by clicking on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen where it tells you to add music to the playlist and pressing download.

What'd you do after connecting your phone to your computer through a USB

when i try to sync my songs to my phone the "available offline" button won't pop up, the only button i see is download and i already have all of my songs downloaded except the ones from my computer. it says "artist unknown" the i click download and it downloads every song except the ones from itunes how do i fix this?

This is my exact problem. I can see the playlist synced on my iphone and the number of songs but upon clicking it, theres nothing. How did you manage to solve this?

I attempted to download it like 20ish times and eventually I got it to work
don't know why. I'm attempting to go through this again and I haven't found
out how to make it work again.

It always works for me, it's only this time when I updated my iphone to iOS11 and allowed spotify team to login to my account to fix my twitter issues (that they still havn't fixed). I deleted my mobile app but my local files won't restore when downloading. I followed all the steps but none of them worked.

Well I'm still running iOS 10 so I don't know about iOS 11, but how'd you
get it work while you had iOS 10. I've done everything I've seen and
everything they've told me but it just doesn't work, do you have any tips?

thanks! it works!

With iOS10 i didn't do anything. It just magically appears when I download them. But only happens when they're in the same wifi connection.

How long would this usually take for like 15 songs?

Suggested posts