Premium

Country

Vietnam

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

I can't turn off Behind The Lyrics, because when i go to setting i don't see a button "Behind The Lyrics" ON/OFF, just have ON/OFF Canvas. Please help me. Thanks all

2DC12A9E-781E-44DF-B7FE-01A205DCF4C7.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to update you on this and let you know that the ability to disable Behind the Lyrics from Settings has been removed from the mobile app.

If you'd like to see this option back, you can add your vote to the relevant idea in the Idea Exchange here.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found in this Spotify Answer.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

@SimonFromVN 

I have the same issue as well. Unfortunately, you can’t turn it off... but the behind the lyrics are on the bottom of the page.

ex: you can scroll up for the album cover the song, but you can’t turn off the settingyou can scroll up for the album cover the song, but you can’t turn off the setting

Hope this helps!

I have the opposite problem! The Behind the Lyrics feature is not on anymore for some reason, and I try to go to playback, and I don’t know how to enable it! I tried getting help on Spotify Cares twitter account, but they have yet to follow through helping me!

I don`t like this new Behind the Lyrics. Does anyone know what I should do?

Hey there @commute1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to disable Behind the Lyrics. Keep in mind that you shouldn't be able to view Behind the Lyrics content unless you scroll down to view the card.

If you think this is something other Spotify users would like to see, we'd recommend heading in our Ideas Exchange and posting it here.

You can also take a look here if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works.

Hope this helps clarify things! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Is there any proof that the suggestions in the Spotify Community actually get put into place?

Some examples of user suggestions that Spotify has not put in their app.

- The Old UI.

- HiFi streaming quality.

- Touch Preview.

Is it even worth it to use the Spotify Community or chat with support all the time? I`m getting fed up of using the new UI and people have been suggesting to change it since March, its now June!

I got the same problem right here. As far as I remember, there WAS actually an option to turn off this “Behind the Lyrics” feature, somewhere in the “Settings > Playback” menu, it’s like a few months ago. But since the new update, I couldn’t find it anywhere anymore. Maybe they had it removed. 

IMG_9256.PNG

Same here. I saw there was a post at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Disable-Genius-Lyrics-Auto-Pop-up/m-p/1583322#M7232... indicates this was solved, yet my setting shows differently. Can Spotify team help? 

Spotify has been trying to inflict this feature on me for over two years. I wonder when they will get the hint and drop it. It's hot garbage and consumes data/battery against my wishes.

I don't want to have this pop-up card on my screen either, never even again until I switch it on again (always off even after any update) .
Please, how can we turn this off?

Thank you so much for taking the time with my question.

Hello @antunesm

Currently it's not possible to hide Behind the Lyrics completely. You can disable it in such a way that it will not auto-expand.

If you have any feedback or ideas on how to improve the app, please let us know in the Ideas Exchange.

Alright let us know how it goes.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to update you on this and let you know that the ability to disable Behind the Lyrics from Settings has been removed from the mobile app.

If you'd like to see this option back, you can add your vote to the relevant idea in the Idea Exchange here.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found in this Spotify Answer.

Cheers!

Suggested posts