Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can‘t turn off Shuffle iOS 12 iPhone app

Solved!

Can‘t turn off Shuffle iOS 12 iPhone app

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I am a frequent listener to the Discovery Weekly Playlist. This is one of the Playlists I like to listen sometimes without shuffle, but for some reason I do not have the function in my iPhone app to turn off shuffle. Any particular reason why? Or is there a trick?

EA0305BB-7DD2-4B28-80E0-6610EB29800E.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify's discover weekly playlist is an algorithmic playlist created for each individual based on your listening habits. As such, this playlist is in no particular order, so shuffling is done automatically, and the option to disable shuffle has been removed in favor of like and dislike buttons that allow the algorithm to more accurately guage your music preferences for next time! 

If you were still looking to go through the playlist without shuffle, you could always copy your discover weekly to a new playlist (albeit through a little more effort) and listen to that playlist sequentially, instead!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify's discover weekly playlist is an algorithmic playlist created for each individual based on your listening habits. As such, this playlist is in no particular order, so shuffling is done automatically, and the option to disable shuffle has been removed in favor of like and dislike buttons that allow the algorithm to more accurately guage your music preferences for next time! 

If you were still looking to go through the playlist without shuffle, you could always copy your discover weekly to a new playlist (albeit through a little more effort) and listen to that playlist sequentially, instead!

Thanks for the clarification.

Just a bit of feedback here.  Totally appreciate that these playlists are meant to be random, but it's annoying to see the tracks listed in a particular order when you open the playlust and not be able to listen to them in that order.  Don't display the full track listing if you're not going to allow ordered playback.

Suggested posts