Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

265 Replies

Spotify Free on mobile devices are only available for Shuffle Play. Tablet devices are free from this restriction.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Yeah, I got a free trial for seven days and it still claims I need premium to turn off shuffle. I did it about five mins ago so do I just leave ot longer and see what happens.

Also, is that a new update? That you cant turn off shuffle? Because I have had no problem before and this is driving me crazy.

@Rick12346 wrote:

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

Thanks !

Mine is grey but still shuffling. 

Please help😟 I'm a premium member. I've done the above. And it still won't play in order I downloaded. The symbol is white. I'm so frustrated!!!!

Shuffle play is so irritating... to the point of looking outside Spotify for music app... it's horrid.

Can I turn SHUFFLE OFF permanently? I use the shuffle button, but the default (on premium) is still bloody stupid shuffle play.

You seriously must hate music to do this to subscribers. 

Having a similar issue - disabling or toggling shuffle in the now playing view leaves the album view saying "shuffle play" (as far as I can tell the player has been playing in order, or I am on a lucky streak which is becoming diminishingly likely). Feels like a bug.

But echoing most users here with gratuitous feedback: pretty terrible UI choice regardless of potential bug.

Yes, non-paying folks are stuck with Shuffle Play, BUT those of us that send Spot money monthly should be able to turn off the SHUFFLE PLAY button in preferences. It's very easy to hit accidentally, and impossible to tell if ON or OFF (short of opening another screen. FIX THIS SPOTIFY! 

This option is not available on android from what I can find.
I am unable to turn off shuffle play (verizon android Samsung Galaxy 6) and I'm beyond annoyed. All I can do is hit the shuffle button and it then shuffles another song on the play list. This was the case with my last phone (verizon android LG3). I thought it was a fluke but it appears it isn't. I've searched every possible option on the unfriendly UI and come up with zilch. Doesn't happen on my pc version.

I sure you know only those with a Premium account can cutoff Shuffle. That said; make sure your phone app is set to Premium service.

I sure you know only those with a Premium account can cutoff Shuffle. That said; make sure your phone app is set to Premium service.

I have had premium for over 3 years. There is no option for many android users - this is all over the boards.

Customer service got back to me.  This is for Spotify premium users - Android.

Shuffle can be turned off, but not by clicking on the large "Shuffle' button at the top of the play list.  One needs to click on the song that is playing within the playlist and on the bottom left you will see the two cross arrows that will be highlighted in green (to represent shuffle is on). Once you click that icon it will turn white and then turn off shuffle.  I was so happy to see that this option existed, but it is very un-intuitive for it to be located at the song level and not on the playlist level.  Hope this makes sense.  Screen shots below.

spotify1.png
spotify2.png

I have premium and you cannot switch shuffle off.

You can switch it off on each album when its playing

But you cannot set a default Shuffle off.

So annoying many great albums are intended to be heard in order, I can't understand how anyone designing a music app for music lover would not know this.... truly a bad service. 

Agree, agree, agree - Spotify: allow your Premium members to disable the SHUFFLE button - now! - no one likes this "feature."

Echoing all other Android users. Why have this feature for iPhone only and not Android. Doesn't make sense. I'm sure it won't take an IT guy that long to enable the feature and equally as little time to roll out a new update (we get about a trillion of them anyway). You should be doing all you can to discourage people from switching to Apple Music before they undoubtedly drop their app in the near future.

this is not a solution,

this is a pain in the neck fix you have to do with every album you play.

We need a permanent solution.

THANK YOU!!!  For me, the whole point of having a custom playlist is being able to play the songs in the order I want to hear them.  You're a musical lifesaver.

That sure is a weird location for the off-switch!

Cheers!

Ditto, there should be a "Play" button as the default button for playing album tracks in order under a Premium account. Pretty ridiculous it defaults to shuffle..

The solution doesnt work for me...I am a premium user..I am trying to play an album in order and it doesnt work even after i toggle the shuffle icon...iphone6 plus

Suggested posts