Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

265 Replies

Try this: setup so you see individual songs in a playlist - play a song - at the bottom of the screen, tap the bar that shows the name of the song playing - a full screen will open - in the bottom left corner note a "crossed-X" icon - if it is green, your are in SHUFFLE mode - tap and it turns gray - SHUFFLE mode off! - yes, I know, SHUFFLE mode is stupid

thank for the guidance.  I agree with all of the comments to date, that it is not an intuitive or user friendly way to manage the shuffle.  One should be able to highlight the huge Shuffle Banner and turn it off from there.

Happy New Year 2016.  Cheers Irene

I have done this on my I pad mini but when I return to the list of tracks on the albun, it still says "Shuffle Play" in the green lozenge shaped box: it appears as though "Suffle Play" is the default setting.

The green "Shuffle Play" lozenge shaped box always stays the same - it does not change to indicate on/off mode (poor design) - play a song from a playlist and set display so you see that song in "full screen" mode, then look lower left for an "arrowed-X" - if it's gray, Shuffle is off, if green, Shuffle is on - tap the "arrowed-X" to change state - a reminder, you must have Premium subscription to turn Shuffle off

I signed up for Premium service January 1st.  The Playlist is still shuffling even if shuffle is not turned on.  Help?Spotify shuffle.MHT

We are spotify family with one added member and skips for the added member. Grrrrr

Does anyone know how to turn off shuffle on a kindle?

I have spotify premium using version 1.8.5.105 and I have used your instructions to turn off the shuffle play on my older (Ipod 6.1.6) The shuffle icon is white/grey not green. The shuffle play will not turn off.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks Joy

It is working I was just confused about the green shuffle play bar that always seems to stay on the top of the playlists.

Joy:

I have an iPhone 5, 6S and an iPad 2 - Shuffle Play with Premium service
works the same across all devices.

Let me confirm when you say "icon" you are referring to the "crossed arrows"
symbol (lower left). It is visible only when the display is showing the song
that is playing on a FULL SCREEN (Playing Now screen). That "crossed arrows"
icon should toggle between green and gray as you tap it - gray indicates
Shuffle Play is OFF. If you step back to the screen showing multiple songs
in the playlist, the Shuffle Play "button" (looks like a pill) is always
green - tap it to enter shuffle mode, again to select a random song from the
playlist. You CANNOT turn off shuffle mode using the Shuffle Play "button"
(only at the "crossed arrows"). Confusing, I know.

Confirm you are running under Premium - Gear icon > Account - it should say
"Subscription PREMIUM."

Your app load could be corrupt. I would suggest deleting (not closing)
Spotify on your iPhone, then reloading. Log In will be required, after which
all your playlists will return.

James

I have premium and since the latest update I can't turn off shuffle play when I make the shuffle play button white it just goes back green really aggravated I hate shuffle please help!

Thank you!!!

I wonder why it is so hard for Spotify to allow a proper "Shuffle on/off" toggle? This issue has been around for a while now, an there have been several updates since it popped up, yet they haven't fixed it? I guess that means Spotify thinks this is "expected behaviour"???

It doesn't work. It asks me to upgrade to premium and never turns off. What do I do?

You have to upgrade. Part of the upgrade is that you get to pick the songs. Trust me it's worth it

So simple  Thanks

@Rick12346 wrote:

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

Brilliant. Works OK onAndroid

Big thanks - that's the one! 

I am mostly playing albums, not just songs. Every time I start to listen to an album, I have to turn off shuffle and scroll back to the beginning of album.

I have to do this for every single album I play.

Seriously?

No global setting for shuffle-playing? Is that so hard? 

(Yes, I do have premium subscription)

every time I try to deselect the tangled arrows, I get a message offering me to upgrade to premium.  I've already upgraded.  Shouldn't my iphone just sync?

Suggested posts