Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

265 Replies

yep this is a problem for sure - many albums are made to be listened to in a particular order and only after reading this thread have i finally been able to turn shuffle off. so annoying. update the interface please!

I'm a UX Designer and I have had to seek online support for this Shuffle issue twice now. Spotify UI designers, it's OK to include layered/hidden features but there is little indication that the header area is clickable when a song is playing. The "i" seems to indicate only meta or superfulous information about the track will be revealed when tapped. Also why would the global Shuffle settings be controled within a single track's UI? That's an error with granularity of information/features. This is the only issue I've had with the Spotify iOS UI.

How did you figure this out? The way spotify did this could be the most moronic user exerpiecne I have ever seen.

This has been driving me crazy too. Finally understanding now how to do it it does not work. Nothing I touch on the i-page reacts. So unfortunately, the shuffle **bleep** is still on. Hope spotify corrects this so you can easily turn it of or on on top of the playlist. This is way to stupid! I don´t use Spotify on my iPhone at the moment because of this, only on my Mac, there it is just so easy...

for me when I click on the I, while playing a song, i look at the bottom of the screen and there is no shuffle botton on the bottom the phone is ios7 but i dont think that would affect right?

@Assassins_Fish wrote:

for me when I click on the I, while playing a song, i look at the bottom of the screen and there is no shuffle botton on the bottom the phone is ios7 but i dont think that would affect right?

If you are using Spotify free or unlimited, you can't turn the shuffle off on a mobile phone - that is a premium feature. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I can't see the 'i' option on my phone. how do i turn off shuffle? i'm a premium user.

@tc82 wrote:

I can't see the 'i' option on my phone. how do i turn off shuffle? i'm a premium user.

Is the "i" not in the top left of the now playing screen (when you tap the banner at the bottom)? 

Peter

ah! amazing!! thank you : D

Where is this "i"???

There's an image in this post

THANK YOU!!! This has been driving me nuts for weeks!

I don't seem to have that option, under 'i' i used to find the shuffleoption but now that is just gone and i'm stucked at shufflemode... What to do?

@Linneana You can only turn shuffle off if you have a Premium subscription. The FAQ explains this in more detail.

There is no I at the top of the screen

Hi. Did you recently upgrade to premium? If so, try logging out and back in.

If that doesn't help, please check what it shows under subscription status in your account overview. What username is shown on that page and how are you logging in to spotify - facebook or a username?

I have had premium for a year and a half and have tried logging out and then back in.... Any other suggestions?

Hi there,

The account connected to your Community profile is currently free with no history of a subscription. This suggests that you have a second account which holds your Premium.

Please get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help fix this for you. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

but... ther  is no i on top of my screen?.. 

It has moved now.

The shuffle toggle is a tiny button in the bottom left of the Now Playing screen (which you can open by tapping the current playing track bar at the bottom of the app).

Peter

Suggested posts