Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!
58 people liked this

Can't turn off shuffle play

Edited
Music Lover
‎2014-03-31 09:03 AM

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

8 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
13 people liked this

Re: How Do I Turn Shuffle mode off on my IPHONE?

Music Lover
‎2014-10-01 02:55 PM

Hi Kopeye,

I've detailed some further instructions on how to do this on the latest app version as of 10/01/2014. This is on an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.

Note: this only works for premium subscriptions.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you need any further help.

1. Open up your playlist or queue so your list of songs is visible like in the screenshot below. Tap the area at the bottom of the screen (while a song is playing) that shows the album cover and other details. 

image1.PNG 

2. A screen that looks like this should appear. Make sure the tangled arrows are deselected (they should be white, not green)

image2.PNG

5 people liked this

Re: Can't turn off shuffle play

Edited
Music Lover
‎2015-11-24 01:56 AM

Having a similar issue - disabling or toggling shuffle in the now playing view leaves the album view saying "shuffle play" (as far as I can tell the player has been playing in order, or I am on a lucky streak which is becoming diminishingly likely). Feels like a bug.

But echoing most users here with gratuitous feedback: pretty terrible UI choice regardless of potential bug.

7 people liked this

Edited
Festival Fanatic
‎2015-11-24 09:56 PM

I have had premium for over 3 years. There is no option for many android users - this is all over the boards.

Customer service got back to me.  This is for Spotify premium users - Android.

Shuffle can be turned off, but not by clicking on the large "Shuffle' button at the top of the play list.  One needs to click on the song that is playing within the playlist and on the bottom left you will see the two cross arrows that will be highlighted in green (to represent shuffle is on). Once you click that icon it will turn white and then turn off shuffle.  I was so happy to see that this option existed, but it is very un-intuitive for it to be located at the song level and not on the playlist level.  Hope this makes sense.  Screen shots below.

spotify1.png
spotify2.png
1 person liked this

Gig Goer
‎2016-05-08 12:26 PM
Brilliant. Works OK onAndroid

Music Lover
‎2017-03-02 12:21 AM
I tried everything you have shown and talked about I still cannot get it to turn off
1 person liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-04-06 10:07 PM

By Jove!! I think ive got it!!!

SPOTIFY SHUFFLES DESPITE TURNING THAT darn BUTTON OFF ( TWISTED ARROWS BUTTON)

Having just instructed a spin session and had to tollerate this problem improvising by manually selecting my play list song, I think ive found the answer?? 

My "Twisted arrows" was off but it still shuffled.

I did the following and it stopped shuffling!

Whilst playing a song in your play list screen, you will see a small "block?" consisting of three horrizontal lines with a tiny play symbol at the far left of the top line. this is located on the right of the play bar at the bottom of the screen ( menu I think ). Click on this and another screen will be displayed with "Queued songs" select Clear near to queued songs and then select "Queue" at the top of the song list on the left next to History.

Now try your play lists and they should not shuffle, mine stopped and the playing song banner screen ( up arrow on play bar ) is all in order. I really should work for spotify.

2 people liked this

Edited
Music Lover
‎2017-04-08 07:55 PM

4-8-2017 I have an iphone SE and decided today that I would Google how to play in order. The default was to have the shuffle arrows green (on). I touched to turn them light grey (off).  When I open a Playlist the large green Shuffle Play button is at the top as always. DON'T press it. Just touch the first song in the list and it starts to play and then just keeps playing in order down the list. You can start anywhere in the list and it plays the rest of the list in order after the first song you touch to start playing.

Concert VIP
‎2017-05-20 09:06 AM
Tap the shuffle botton until it is white.
IMG_1780.PNG
247 Replies
Highlighted
18 people liked this

How Do I Turn Shuffle mode off on my IPHONE?

Music Fan
‎2012-06-16 05:17 PM

Anyone know how to turn shuffle mode off on their iphone? I tried holding down the shuffle icon but it just changes tracks? I looked inn settings too, nothing. Anyone know how to do this? I would be most grateful.

42 people liked this

Spotify
‎2012-06-19 02:54 PM

Hi Pume622,

You can turn off the shuffle by clicking on the i at the top of the screen whilst a track is playing.  The shuffle option will be at the bottom of the screen - green is on, grey/black is off.

I am currently listening to:Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra – Sibelius : Karelia Suite Op.11 : I Intermezzo from this Playlist sent to me by a customer.

THERE IS NO JUSTICE - THERE'S JUST ME.
- Death, Terry Pratchett.

9 people liked this

Thanks!

Music Lover
‎2012-10-24 03:34 AM

Thanks for the help!  That had been driving me crazy.  I kept looking undert the playlist instead of the individual song playing....not the most intuitive if you ask me so thank goodness for this forum

6 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2012-11-17 11:27 AM

Thanks for the answer to this - it's been bugging me for ages.  What a poor interface to hide this in "i" whilst a track is playing!!!

regards, Jon

23 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2012-12-13 11:08 PM
Come on Spotify how fricking hard can it be to let's us easily turn off the STUPID shuffle play? Listen to your customers please!
3 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2012-12-13 11:09 PM
Speaking about the i, Spotify ..i.. to you too
3 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-01-09 01:28 AM

Wow, that had been driving me crazy too! Thanks for the tip. Please let the UI guys know about this at Spotify.

18 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-01-14 10:37 PM
Terrible, HORRIBLE, interface. Was about to cancel my subscription because this crazy shuffle issue was making me give up every time I tried to listen to a playlist. And after I turn shuffle off it STILL says Shuffle Play in Playing Now! Playlist hamdling is generally horrible, especially on iPhone. Come on guys, learn some computer science and figure out to manipulate lists! It's not that hard.
8 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-01-23 03:08 PM

Ya. Thank you very much. I figured it out once (obviously since I had it turned on), and I have been looking for it often as well.

I listen to alot of classical symphonies and they should really be heard in the order they are listed ;).

Spotify hopefully will pick this thread up and change the interface so the "shuffle" button will be able to toggle on and off. 

SUGGESTED POSTS