Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

265 Replies

I have disabled the shuffle play like you said. It is still doing the shuffle play with it grayed out. I am running Spotify on an iPhone 5s and it does this with all of my playlists this is ridiculous!!!!!!!

Once you have set the shuffle button as advised by Matt Suda for one album, Spotify will remember the setting for the next ones. So, for the next album, instead of hitting the big green Shuffle Play button to start the album playing, tap the first track. The whole album will then play, following your last shuffle button setting.

If you hit "shuffle play" let's say when your listen to a playlist it shouldn't keep shuffling when you listen to albums

As I understand it, there's no memory in the big green shuffle play button above the track list; each time you hit it, though, it will cause shuffle play. But the icons at the bottom do remember the last setting, as long as you start play by hitting the first track. I don't know whether this crosses between playlists and albums. You could try it.

I'm not defending this state of affairs - I think it is daft. Let's have a proper green button at the top.

Where is the "i" button? I cant find it anywhere!!

Anyone know how to turn off shuffle play on android phone?

As a new premium member of spotify (June 2016) I cannot believe that, after people reported this problem back in 2013, I still see it today.

Maybe the programmers or commercial people can ask their community what they would like as a default. My guess: just the album order, without shuffle. Even when the public would prefer shuffle, it should be much easier to turn it off ... 

This does not seem to work as the symbol is not there. Spotify is pointless if it will not let me listen to what I want. I guess the only solution is to move to Deezer as Spotify management no longer understands its own market 

Hi   If you are on the screen which says next to play there is a small ( very) square at the top which looks like a small cd or record - touch this and the symbol you want wiil be on the left hand side of the screen halfway down. This turns sbuffle on or off. Good luck
Stan

Thanks for trying but I saw no such symbols. Are you sure that your answer
is relevant for the non premium version of spotify?

I only use spotify on ipad and laptop your sugestion doesn't work. i am on unlimited and have been for around 8 years and i am almost ready to quite.

@Rick12346 wrote:

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

@Rick12346 wrote:

Solution by Matt Suda:

So what you are saying is that the free version will not allow users to listen to what they want to hear. That makes Spotify useless - may as well go back to listening to the radio. Spotify must be suicidal!

Hey @Constk,

yes Spotify won't let you choose your songs on the iPhone app, but you should be grateful as Spotify mobile was exclusive to Premium users a few years ago. In fact, most apps won't let you even listen to music unless you are a Premium user.

We hope you continue using Spotify!

- Brian

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

If you can't turn off shuffle when using connect, and found this thread and found it useless... here's the actual solution

Select to play on the device you're in direct control off. Turn off shuffle. Press play. Reselect the device you wanted to play on.

To Spotify, don't force people to create a used to read support posts. For the love of everything that is good and holy, stop being annoying.

I have tried the play button, twisted arrows to the right (and yes I do have PREMIUM) and it still shuffles.  I have going in circles trying to resolve it and nothing...any suggestions?

Thanks,

Worst UI ever. Fix this mess.

Thank you!!! You have preformed a great service....that shuffle thing was driving me crazy!!

I cant see the shuffle button on my computer, so does it only work on ipad?

The large "SHUFFLE PLAY" at the top of the page is bad UI, and bad UI is like a bad joke - it's not good if you have to explain it.

If I want to play without shuffle, through trial and error I figured out that I can just click on the first song, and it will play from there without shuffling. Seems like if shuffle is turned off (and I do see where I can toggle it on/off) the big green button would just say "PLAY". 

I've noticed lots of basic stuff like that this that Spotify gets wrong. I wish MOG were still around, I would sign up for them again in a heartbeart. 

Each time I tap the Shuffle toggle it does not change but a Pop Up asking me to Start a Premium Trial.  Very frustrating.  I need to turn off Shuffle!!!

Suggested posts