Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

265 Replies

Are you serious?  They intentionally exclude the non-shuffle mode in the free version to get premium subscribers?  I'm on the free version, trying this out for the first time to decide if I want to buy it.  Banging my head against the table because I want to listen to an album front to back.  Then I come upon this.  Gonna try out some others for sure now. 

I cannot thank you enough for this I was going out of my mind trying to exit shuffle mode and getting nowhere.

How do y ou do this?  there is nothing that allows you to turn off shuffle on an IPHONE 5s

@le-4115 

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

1. Press anywhere in the red circle below (in other words, don't press the play/pause icon).

s1.jpg

2. This will bring up the album cover with even more options towards the bottom of your screen.  See image below.

s2.jpg

3. At the very bottom will be your song options (play/pause, rewind, advance forward, etc).

4. Look to the very left of the play and you will see two more icons right below the timeline. These are the repeat and shuffle icons.

5. The shuffle icon is above the repeat icon.  If it's green, it means shuffle is enabled.  If it's white/gray, it is disabled.  Press to toggle.

Example below with shuffle enabled:

s3.jpg

And when toggled, now shuffle is disabled:

s4.jpg

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Gracias!

When I click on the green "swirls" at bottom of screen to stop shuffling I get an ad for ordering the premium package! Why can't I just play my music?

@Jshorez0606 

Users on the free plan can only shuffle play music instead of being able to pick the order of songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I like how this problem says it's solved when people are obviously still dissatisfied. I'm uninstalling Spotify over this issue. if I wanted to listen to random music, I'd use a different program. Spotify already has ads on the free version, so it's not like they're not making money either way, not letting people listen to their play lists in order on mobile is just pointless. Making the program more annoying to use won't make me pay, it just will make me find a different program.

Look carefully I found the little-sort of hidden but THERE& you can change their direction & now I can play songs in the order I choose. Overall , I personally I thing spotify is killer GOD & would pay double ( don't do it), for the music I glean for a few bucks a month. I'm worried the artists aren't getting sh*t for the use of their music. My friend in the GIN BLOSSOMS, told me spotify pays them penny's, that sucks, but I'm paying and playing! GO FIGURE!!

I have Spotify Premium, on the iPad and the problem of being unable to turn off shuffle play recurred after I thought it was solved back in January. I uninstalled Spotify and then reinstalled it again. Problem solved.

I don't know why but that fixed it. Software baffles me.

You know, when you guys do this kind of **bleep** to get premium users, I tend to do this: uninstall! This is bad marketing! Getting the users to pay for the music they love, for better services, for the ability to download songs for offline listening or other extra features, that I can understand, but getting them to pay a monthly subscription to unlock a **bleep**ty, but annoying as **bleep** when locked, feature, is just plain stupid. And bad marketing strategy. Not to mention it's bad for everyone. Including yourselves.

If anything, make the Shuffle feature a premium one, not the regular playing. This is just stupid. Or even better, try to find something more interesting and less annoying to monetize. Something worth paying for. Cause this is just plain stupid. This is definitely not the way to get more users, or more money.

And, as someone else said before, you're already pushing ads, both visual and audible to the free users. Seriously now! I think this is just too much greediness.

Thanks!

This was driving me nuts.  Would be awesome if the shuffle button was a toggle.

I'm using an older iOS 4.2-compatible version. It doesn't have the shuffle icon next to the "now playing" controls. In this case, the solution is to click "i" at the top left of the screen. On the bottom of the new screen, shuffle can be toggled off and on. So can "repeat." Intuitive? No. But the more I use Spotify, the less intuitive it gets.

OMG THANK YOU! This has been driving me absolutely insane! Do you happen to know how to get the Forward/Back buttons on the home lock screen? It was disabled with the 5.0 update and I read somewhere on the forums they had no intention of fixing it, but you never know. Thanks!

In addition to your comments, I've also noticed it ALWAYS plays the same songs in the same shuffle order. I can have 600+ songs in a playlist but it only plays 30-40 of them no matter how many times I restart shuffle or manually change tracks. I've had Spotify premium since it was released, and I am losing my faith.

No, I haven't seen those in a dog's year. Probably gone for good...

@MouseVA wrote:
In addition to your comments, I've also noticed it ALWAYS plays the same songs in the same shuffle order. I can have 600+ songs in a playlist but it only plays 30-40 of them no matter how many times I restart shuffle or manually change tracks. I've had Spotify premium since it was released, and I am losing my faith.

Now that you mention it, that sounds like it might be happening to me too, or something like it.

kan iemand me juist even zeggen waar die i kop om die shuffle uit te zetten staat want ik vind hem niet zou dat zijn omdat ik op een andriod apparaat zit ?

erfordert Premium- der Shuffle-Taste wird an der gleichen Stelle befindet. Anweisungen sind im ersten Beitrag dieses Threads

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/Can-t-turn-off-shuffle-play/td-p/726563

B9f4iK-IQAIR6u6.png

So I know I can turn off shuffle play in the album info, but why do I get a big green button saying shuffle? Surely as a premium member I should have 'Play'?!
image.jpg

Suggested posts