Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can we please add an option to stop the queue from adding things I don't explicitly add?

Can we please add an option to stop the queue from adding things I don't explicitly add?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Win 10

I cannot get my queue to stop repopulating from playlist radio or wherever else. This disables shuffle. I have no idea how it began becaue I always use shuffle and never use the queue directly. I would like to be able to selectively disable one or both from randomly adding things, especially things that aren't even saved to my library. If I want suggestions, I will ask for them.. I've seen the answers saying "reinstall the app!" I'd rather you actually fix the bugs instead.

3 Replies

Hey @SpotPC, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Radio Station is not a bug but a feature of Spotify for which you can read more in this FAQ 🙂

To stop it just go to Settings and look for Playback section in there. After that just look for Autoplay and tap the switch to turn it off. You should be good to go 🙂

Hope it helps!

Hello! I'm having the same issue! I'd like to turn off the que completely, but every time I play a song, its adds all the songs for the playlist to the que.  Meanwhile, I'm re-arranging playlist and comparing songs and tempos and it adds them all over again. I've turned off the autoplay, the shuffle and everything else I can think of, but I would like the playlist to play as I've reordered it, not add everything to a que. Please help?

Hey @dec62.

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

So, we can confirm is expected that when you select a song which you added to a playlist, the app would automatically add the rest of the songs in the playlist to the queue. If you want to play just a song, not the entire playlist in which the song is, you can search for the song directly on the search bar by typing its name, that way the app will play only that specific song. 

On another note, just to confirm, did you set the Custom Order filter to one of your playlists, but it's not playing in the order you arranged? If yes, it'll help us a lot if you send a video recording of that behavior so we can visualize it better. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS along with the Spotify version you have currently running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts