Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you "save" an album without saving every single song on the favorite song list?

Can you "save" an album without saving every single song on the favorite song list?

I "saved" a few albums so that I could access them quickly later. Turns out every single song from each of these albums was also saved to the "Songs" list. So now I have about 200 album-based songs to scroll through before getting to individual songs I saved.

Can I just save albums to the album list only? Why would I want all those songs to go in 2 different places? I just wasted a long time deleting all of those songs.

16 Replies

Hello!

If you click the save button at the top of an album it is going to save the whole album (including all of the songs) to your music. If you just want a specific song, you can go into the album and click the add button next to the songs you want to add to your music 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

It's still not possible?

Anoying.

Really would love to save an album.

But not all the songs from the album in my music.

I found if you add the songs to the Playlist you can just press the available offline button and it won't be added to your music

Good answer Alexisg575.
If you save the album as a playlist then it just places it as a bookmark basically so you can play the playlist whenever you want. You find the album in your playlist section but no songs in your songs list.

This may be the issue that makes me go with Deezer or Tidal. Doing a trial of all 3 right now.

You could make a playlist of the songs that you want from the album so you can access them easily fromthe playlists menu rather than store them all in one place

Ok. This works. But 1) the playlists list starts to be very long; 2) the album loses its cover and the almbum-plalist assumes a cover composed by the four images of the first songs. Grrr 😞  Any other solution? 🙂

I have the same issue- in fact an annoying functionality.

I can't keep an album without saving all of its songs. What's more if i remove the songs from ''Songs'' list i get the album removed from ''Albums''- both lists are just linked together and i can't avoid it.

So i just save my albums as ''new playlist'' and created a folder to store them, so that the playlist list doesn't get too long. 

Here the same. Right now testing Tidal. They manage two things I really like: Lossless Streaming and a proper way to collect beloved albums. 

yes this unavailable feature is SO ANNYING...would love to be able to just see 'singles' in the songs & albums (w/ their songs) in the albums....come on spotify.. a lot of people are asking for this

Half of 2017 and the issue is still unresolved. Spotify, is there any one working on it?! I don't want to have all album songs "checked in", i don't want to create playlist each time. I just want to save album link. Nothing more...

BR, MW

It is December 2017 - still not changed.

Waiting for Pandora Premium to have a desk top version, if you can save albums in a Album library only then I'm out of here. Or if Spotify changes this I'll stay.

Whatever comes first!

Spoiler

Very very sad that this is still not possible and embarrassing for such a huge music service.

Three years of nothingness. Can't remember any useful feature that has been added since then. Only some UI changes.

(This page works horrible on mobile by the way) 

I am also waiting for this issue to be fixed. But this topic is not in the correct section with the ideas. Please check and vote for my idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Your-Music-Save-Albums-without-saving-single-songs...

Let's hope that they will read and implement it! Thanks!

@Josh You misunderstood the question.

Saved albums shouldn't be visible in the "Songs", since we would like to use that for single songs only.

Suggested posts