Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you shuffle songs in a playlist in the iPad app

Solved!

Can you shuffle songs in a playlist in the iPad app

So I'm playing a playlist on my ipad, but I've added whole albums from the same artist.  Is it possible to shuffle the playlist so it's all mixed up.

I can do it on the computer, but not on the ipad

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can shuffle a playlist by switching to fullscreen player mode when the playlist is playing (select on the double arrow symbol to the left of the controls at the bottom of the screen) and then selecting the shuffle option from there.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I was assuming someone would very quickly tell me I hadn't spotted a button. If this is really can't be done, then the iPad app is definitely missing a feature.
Marked as solution

You can shuffle a playlist by switching to fullscreen player mode when the playlist is playing (select on the double arrow symbol to the left of the controls at the bottom of the screen) and then selecting the shuffle option from there.

Yes you can, just figured out how to do it too! It is directly above the play button in full screen mode, and under the song status bar, when they are greyed out, they are had to see. Hope this helps!

Thanks Steven, that was doing my head in as well. 

D. 

I have the ipad mini and I don't see it. Anyone have any ideas???

I'm sorry to bump this, but its kinda related. I have ~650 tracks in my playlist (starred) but for a strange reason, Spotify seems to be shuffling through only roughly 100ish of them, or something like that.

The shuffle definitely doesn't go through the entire playlist. Some songs never come up by themselves, or rarely do. Any particular reason for that?

can i shuffle all the songs in a playlist or is it only available for one album?

Goodness, could the designers have possibly picked a less intuitive way to accomplish this simple goal?

Thank you for posting this, it may be obvious but why would I automatically pick full screen? It never occurred to me that this would change the available options.
Jonathan

Dark gray icon on a black background is a bit hard to see, don't you think? Wonder who designed that?

Did anyone answer this about the Ipad mini?  I can't get shuffle play on it?  I get it on my Iphone.

You should be able to turn shuffle on from the now playing screen on iPad. Tap the button with two arrows beside the play controls.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the Ipad Mini.  Doesn't not appear there.

Suggested posts