Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

(iPhone XR)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

Hello, I can't seem to add stations to library. For example, when I go into the radio, it gives me the option of saving as a playlist instead of adding to stations. When I go to the artist radio, now it is all saved under playlists? What is going on?

I want to use playlists for my own curation and leave discovery of new songs in radio. Can someone explain to me what stations is and how does it work?

5 Replies

It's not just you - it's the idiots that run this stupid service. I upgraded to family from premium because I decided I wanted to be able to avoid the ads, etc. and this was a month ago. When I first created my own account (the original account was for my daughter), stations was something where you could add or remove artists. Probably 2 or 3 weeks later the **bleep** decided to disable this feature. So not only can I not add any new stations I also cannot even delete any of the stations I did originally add! I really like the radio option because I like exploring other artists but taking away my ability to add or remove stations means I'm done with Spotify for myself (and removing my family subscription).

I have just recently discovered this same issue, in that when selecting an artist radio to follow, the selection now goes into  Playlists, whereas before it would go into Stations.  What changed and how can I control that?  More to the point, how does this "Community" help, exactly?  I just wait and hope someone can help?  Is there any way to get someone from Spotify to explain what changed?

"

Sadly, I think this is just like any other app/product community, i.e. a place where people can go to voice their issues about changes to the product and like minded other users can complain as well while the developer sits idly by and just laughs while continuing to take our $ and not address the issue at all.

Oh yeah, let's not overlook the fact that the survey option (How did your visit to our community go?) seems to not allow you to answer unfavorably. I've tried several times to submit survey responses indicating my displeasure with the community only to have the final screen (after hitting submit) tell me the survey could not be submitted. Again, typical bullsheep associated with an online community hosted by the product developer.

I have the same problem. Would like to be able to sort radio stations and my own playlists seperately.

It seems like the way it used to work has just been disabled and now it's up to us selves to organise stuff, in stead of Spotify doing it for us.

I saw other posts with people asking for the opposite, being able to save radios as playlists, and if that's why it happened, I'd suggest to make a 'All content' option that can show playlists, radio stations, podcasts and albums for those people, in stead of disabling the automatic categorisation for us who enjoy it. I'll create another post for this.

Suggested posts