Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot control or choose song on Spotify after connected to car BT.

Solved!

Cannot control or choose song on Spotify after connected to car BT.

Hi folks. I gave up trying, found no solution so far for my problem which is the following.

I have an iPhone 7 (latest iOS andl atest Spotify). I connect via BT to my Kenwood KMM-BT304. As I connect sound goes out to car speakers but I lose control over Spotify I only see a big Spotify logo on the iPhone's screen (attached ) and I can only choose on the head unit which song to play, I can't choose it on the phone. This is very frustrating because it's very uncomfortable to choose a playlist using a potmeter on a car BT head unit.  I tried re-pairing, reinstalling iOS, reinstalling Spotify but so far I couldn't find any solution. Help please. Any idea is appreciated.

IMG_0126.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved: put the radio on Standby-Source, then klick the big knob and go to System and disable Spotify there. Now you can listen via iPod BT Source.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi @htlecso,

I'm sorry to hear this. From what I know, this unit seems to link with spotify somehow, is that correct? Does that mean it only lets you control the music on the unit? Have you closed and reopened spotify?

Yes, and yes. 🙂

Spotify reopen doesnt help I'ive tried reinstall Spotify and then the whole
iOS. Still not ok.

I can see my playlists and songs on the unit but I can control them only on it because on the phone the only visible thing is the attached big Spotify logo.

Some additional information: I just updated the Kenwood device with the latest firmware. Probleme still not solved..

I have the same problem 

From what I've gathered, this appears to be intended behavior: There is no way to use the spotify app while Kenwood's controller is active at the moment.

I'm not sure why they went with this design decision, but it appears you might just have to live with it for now.

Here's a video from Kenwood Asia displaying the controller:

Hope this answered your questions,

Gilbert

Well I found a workaround. After Kenwood unit grabs control over my Iphone's Spotify and I only see the big Spotify logo on the phone's screen I turn off BT on the phone. Then i re-enable it and connect again and in most cases I can control Spotify from the phone without getting that Spotigy logo. Even though it's kind of a workaround it's very frustrating. Not to mention, that Kenwood starts playing music automatically after connection. Very very frustrating.

My Kenwood unit doesn't have a touch screen. So choosing a song to play with a potmeter on a car radio is just crazy not to mention how dangerous it is while you are driving.

Marked as solution

Solved: put the radio on Standby-Source, then klick the big knob and go to System and disable Spotify there. Now you can listen via iPod BT Source.

Seems like an ultimate solution. It works. 🙂

Suggested posts