Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot install Spotify on 1st gen iPad

Cannot install Spotify on 1st gen iPad

Yeah. Premium subsriber here and I just tried to purchase a premium account for my mom (who uses a 1st gen iPad running iOS 5.1). 

Apparently on 11/29 Spotify removed iOS 4.0 version from iTunes, and the only version that's available won't run on anything but iOS 6 or newer.

So my mom is basically screwed. And a massive frustration for me.

Tried several times. Installer says: you must be running iOS 6 to install this app.

Come on. Really? I spent two hours getting her new system set up, Airport Express etc., only to learn Spotify won't run on her iPad. 

WEAK.

Please fix this Spotify.

6 Replies

Can you try installing Spotify to the device via iTunes and let us know if that works? 

Spotify say downloading the Spotify application should give you the last compatible version for your device but it doesn't appear to be going smoothly! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks -- yeah, I tried that but no, it doesn't work.

I get the message: this app requires iOS 6. 

I read that the iTunes download should install the correct version based on iOS, but that's not happening.

There is multiple reports of issues, hang in there this is being investigated. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have been a Spotify Premium subscriber for almost a year and suddenly the app has disappeared from my first generation Ipad. Incredible. New version is not compatible and Itunes has not allowed me to restore the backup version 0.7.6 that until a few days ago worked perfectly. I hope this issue will be resolved soon or else I will cancel my premium subscription.

Has this been resolved?

No, it isn't. Disappointing trate to premium Users from Spotify.

Suggested posts