Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot play Spotify playlists on fifth generation iPod Touch

Solved!

Cannot play Spotify playlists on fifth generation iPod Touch

I have a fifth generation iPod Touch that I have Spotify installed on.  When I log into my account, I find that I am not able to play any music by simply tapping on the song in the selected playlist.  The only option I have to play music on my iPod Touch is Shuffle Play.  I can, however, play individual songs in my playlists when I am logged into Spotify on my iPad Air.  Any ideas as to why this is?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

You need to be premium to play on demand on your mobile device (this includes iPod touch), you can play on demand for free (with ads) on your tablet, but not on mobile (Shuffle Play is only available for free). Here is a great comparison chart on the differences with the subscriptions, as well as tablet free, and mobile free. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

You need to be premium to play on demand on your mobile device (this includes iPod touch), you can play on demand for free (with ads) on your tablet, but not on mobile (Shuffle Play is only available for free). Here is a great comparison chart on the differences with the subscriptions, as well as tablet free, and mobile free. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Thank you for the information Josh. I did not know that shuffle play was only available for free on the iPod Touch. I first downloaded it for the iPad and could play music on there. It is not made clear that shuffle at is the only feature available for free on Spotifu for the iPod.

Suggested posts