Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

I cannot replay podcasts once they've been completed. Sometimes at work they'll just be playing in the background and I am not able to fully focus so I might go back and try and listen to them again. If I try to select a podcast which was already played it automatically skips to the next unplayed episode.

I am currently on spotify version 8.5.7.601.

9 Replies

Hey @bkennedy2, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try logging out > restart device > log back in? If that doesn't help, then could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Logging out and logging back in did not fix the issue. After, I tried uninstalling the app and doing a clean install. Doing so allowed me to play the episode again, but as a test I went to the end of an episode and then allowed it to finish playback. Once it moved on to the next episode I was again unable to play the previously played one. So this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Hey @bkennedy2,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Could you try this on a different device (for example the web player at work) and let me know what happens? Also, what happens when you try a friend or family members account? That way we might narrow down the cause.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

In case anyone else comes across this issue—this is what worked for me: I marked the episode as played, and then was able to press play and have it work accordingly. 

Seems like a bug that Spotify should fix!

I’ve seen a lot of issues with this and experienced it myself. Logging out and back in doesn’t fix it. Reinstalling doesn’t fix it. Just add an option to “play from beginning.” Please.

Thank you! I’ve had this problem for as long as I’ve had the app and I guess the moderators don’t use the app and have no idea what we’re talking about.

Thank you for this workaround! I ended up going to Apple Podcasts and searching for the episode there so I could listen to it! I tend to fall asleep listening to podcasts and then want to replay them the following day.

You’re welcome! 🙂

Unfortunately, it did not work the second time I tried it, so back to Apple Podcasts I went! Sigh. Thanks anyway.

Suggested posts