Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot share Spotify playlist on Instagram Stories

Cannot share Spotify playlist on Instagram Stories

Hi,

The share on Instagram Stories option works fine when I want to publish just one song but it doesn't work at all if I want to share a playlist. I get an error message telling me Spotify couldn't share my playlist right now and to try it later. I got this same message for a couple of days now. 

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 8 Plus

iOS 11.4

Spotify 8.4.**bleep**

11 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend to update to iOS 11.4.1 as it is the latest official version for now 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer,

Thanks for your quick reply. As you suggested I restarted my device, updated to iOS 11.4.1 and did the reinstall of the app but I still got the same error message when sharing a playlist to Instgram Stories: “Oops. Sorry we couldn’t share to Instagram Stories, try again later”.

I am using Spotify 8.4.6 9 on an iPhone 8 Plus iOS 11.4.1

Thanks! 

Hey @Modulació,

Sorry that it doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey Loxer,

I did that too and I still get the same error message.

Hi,

It's been a month and I still have the same issue. I am using the latest versions of both Spotify (8.4.72) and Instagram (65.0).

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Damien

I'm having the same issue and have tried all of the steps above.

I have a theory that you can’t share albums with custom artwork- does yours have custom artwork?

Hi,

I think it's because you're on offline mode? Mine worked after removing offline mode on the spotify app.

Hope this helps 🙂

Same thing is happening for me. I have removed and reinstalled Instagram and Spotify. I cannot share any song to Instagram stories, whether less well-known are very popular. Current iPhone XS and iPhone iOS.

In my case I’m online, and it fails when on WiFi or on cell data. Both.

I've tried to share both, with and without custom artwork, and I always have the same error message "Oops, we couldn't share to Instagram Stories, try again later".

Suggested posts