Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Cannot share Spotify playlist on Instagram Stories

Highlighted

Cannot share Spotify playlist on Instagram Stories

Regular

Hi,

The share on Instagram Stories option works fine when I want to publish just one song but it doesn't work at all if I want to share a playlist. I get an error message telling me Spotify couldn't share my playlist right now and to try it later. I got this same message for a couple of days now. 

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 8 Plus

iOS 11.4

Spotify 8.4.**bleep**

11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Cannot share Spotify playlist on Instagram Stories

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend to update to iOS 11.4.1 as it is the latest official version for now 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular

Hi Loxer,

Thanks for your quick reply. As you suggested I restarted my device, updated to iOS 11.4.1 and did the reinstall of the app but I still got the same error message when sharing a playlist to Instgram Stories: “Oops. Sorry we couldn’t share to Instagram Stories, try again later”.

I am using Spotify 8.4.6 9 on an iPhone 8 Plus iOS 11.4.1

Thanks! 

Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Modulació,

Sorry that it doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular

Hey Loxer,

I did that too and I still get the same error message.

Highlighted

Regular

Hi,

It's been a month and I still have the same issue. I am using the latest versions of both Spotify (8.4.72) and Instagram (65.0).

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Damien

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue and have tried all of the steps above.

Highlighted

I have a theory that you can’t share albums with custom artwork- does yours have custom artwork?

Highlighted

Hi,

I think it's because you're on offline mode? Mine worked after removing offline mode on the spotify app.

Hope this helps 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same thing is happening for me. I have removed and reinstalled Instagram and Spotify. I cannot share any song to Instagram stories, whether less well-known are very popular. Current iPhone XS and iPhone iOS.

SUGGESTED POSTS