Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot skip song by swiping Cover Art, when Behind the Lyrics is DISabled

Cannot skip song by swiping Cover Art, when Behind the Lyrics is DISabled

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iphone SE

Operating System

My Question or Issue

So ...

I forward/skip a song in a playlist by swiping right to left over the song cover art: works like a charm in most cases. 

However, if behind the lyrics is DISabled for a particular song, the song cover art pulls down and the attached banner is shown ( for like 3 seconds when the song starts playing, and then disappears ). But somehow this also disables the right to left swipe over the cover art to skip the song for these 3 secs. Grrrr.

This does not happen when Behind the Lyrics is ENabled

Yes, I know I can use the arrow buttons, but this is just annoying inconsistent behavior. Even more so as I have disabled ‘behind the lyrics’ in settings, and this banner keeps showing anyway for each song that has lyrics attached. 

Prefered solution would be to not show the banner if ‘behind the lyrics’ is disabled in settings  There is a reason I disabled this you know. Second solution would be to fix the bug that prevents me from skipping the song by swiping the coverart. 

5AC79263-22FF-4B5C-99B9-313069CCC072.png
2 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. I tried to recreate your situation but it worked even though I disabled Behind lyrics or even when they were enabled.

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about improving this feature of Spotify in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

You can also read this FAQ about View lyrics to learn more about it.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi thanks for your reply. 

You are correct that it does work when you start your swipe from all the way right ( right of the coverart ).

But if you start your swipe ON the coverart, the right to left swipe does not register when the banner is shown like in the screenshot. 

When the banner is collapsed again, swiping right to left ( starting ON the cover art, works again ). So this is really due to the Behind The Lyrics banner being shown. In that case it only wants to register top to bottom swipes to show the full behind the lyrics. 

This is the banner shown when Behind the Lyrics is turned off. 

Suggested posts