Premium

Country

UK

Device

Apple Watch series 6 (cellular)

Operating System

WatchOS 7.5

My Question or Issue

Ive recently purchased a new Apple Watch however the Spotify app won’t allow me to stream music through it. It shows up as an option and just stays “Connecting” indefinitely.

Ive read past posts and uninstalled/reinstalled the app numerous times (from my phone too). I’ve logged out of my account and tried again & I’ve factory reset my watch twice and still no luck on this.

Streaming music was the main reason for this purchase so it’s a pretty big deal for me.

Has anyone had any luck with fixing this issue (aside from the things I’ve tried above)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Tried both suggestions. No luck. 

I’ve tried Apple Music to see if it was a hardware problem & it worked perfectly. Looks like I’ll have to cancel my Spotify premium and switch to Apple Music from now on…

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey there @Mark10777

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, and welcome 🙂

If possible, could you log in with a different account and see if you're also having issues in it?

We'd also recommend making sure that your phone doesn't have any pending system update. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy

I created a new account & tried that, still no luck. No option to play from the watch

Hey there @Mark10777

Thanks for getting back to us. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you try turning the Bluetooth off and on again in the watch OS system settings and check if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Apple Watch w/ Watch OS 7.5
Premium Family subscription

Cellular Plan on watch

@Eni, I have the same issue as the OP. I have clean reinstalled on my iPhone as well as reset and erased my Apple Watch just to confirm I was starting from a clean environment.

I turn off wifi on my watch, turn off bluetooth on my iPhone, make sure bluetooth is on on my Apple Watch, earpods are connected and now Apple Watch is not even available as an optional device to play Spotify through. What's the issue here?

Hi @rfendertx,

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to make sure, turning the Bluetooth off and on again in the watch OS system settings didn't make any difference?

Also, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your phone would come in handy.

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the OS of your iPhone has any pending updates. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

Tried both suggestions. No luck. 

I’ve tried Apple Music to see if it was a hardware problem & it worked perfectly. Looks like I’ll have to cancel my Spotify premium and switch to Apple Music from now on…

Same problem here.

Apple Watch 6 GPS (A2292)
iPhone 11 128gb (A2221)
Ios 14.6
Spotify 8.6.30.968

Apple Podcast and Apple Music works fine at apple watch +airpods without iphone.

Spotify does not work. I cant even download music at my apple watch, as i do with apple music.

Hey @Mark10777

Thanks for the reply. 

We've passed this info on to the team who are investigating the streaming issue.

The ability to download music to the watch is still being rolled out to all users, as the feature was announced recently.

We'll keep you updated as soon as we receive more info about this.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Would be nice to know by when I can expect to have the option „download“ on my Apple Watch active.

Hey @roke72,

Thanks for the post.

The official information that we have is that the option is currently rolling out to all users in available markets. Unfortunately we don't have info on an exact date when it will be made available to 100% of users.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same problem on my watch and I have tried all the advices and steps mentioned above numerous of times. I have also talked to apple support to make sure there is no issue concerning features on their hand. 

All other features and apps on my watch works perfectly, streaming through spotify is the only problem. There clearly is an issue with the app.

You have promoted this option being available for months, it is only when searching for support that is is mentioned that the option is currently rolling out to all users in available markets and not specifying when and where.. Is this misleading communication intentional? 

I solved this issue "the Spotify app won’t allow me to stream music through it. It shows up as an option and just stays “Connecting” indefinitely."  with next post

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/4746485

First, I connected to a test account provided by Spotify. And it was verified that from this account it worked correctly.

Later I removed Spotify from my Apple Watch SE, and then from my IPhone 8 Plus. With the content of the post.

I had encountered with the same issue lately.

tried all step that mention above but nothing ! the problem still exist and I can't stream music on my apple watch while I'm working out without my iphone.

there is a solution ? 

Suggested posts