Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

Since the update around Aug 21st 2018 all of my Philips Multiroom speakers SW100, SW700 and SW750 can not be connected using Spotify Connect.

Using the previous version on another phone works well as before.

Windows 10 latest version also connects fine.

So the update seem to be the problem. Hope you can fix it.

Philips Multiroom speakers can only be used with Spotify COnnect, NOTHING ELSE, so right now I cant listen to speakers at all.

13 Replies

Hey @xhjema.

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We'll be happy to help 🙂

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall and restarting both devices?

If you have and it hasn't worked, get back to us and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue 🙂

Speak soon,

P

Hello. I now have the exact same problem. I have reinstalled both spotify and the speakers but they still wont play anything from Spotify. 

Same problem here. Manifests itself in a strange way; I select the speaker (any of them, I got 6) using primarly Spotify on IOS and it looks like the playback go to the speaker, but nothing plays and in the app it looks like the music has been stopped ">" symbol. When clicked it goes straight back.

Same problem as Anders here. I can connect to the speaker but it wont play. Here is the twist I have LG soundbars on the same network it won't play on them either , not with Spotify connect BUT if I connect to it via Google cast to the  LG Soundbars no problem it starts to play, well at least some of the times. 

I have done allt the reseting the app and cleared all the cache and changing DNS address on router, reinstalled the network  etc..

BUT it wont play on speakers no matter brand , not via Spotify connect at least.  

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We suggest you try the following, even though you've already tried changing the DNS address:

1. Open your sound system's network settings
2. Look if you can find any DHCP / IP / DNS settings 
3. If such are present, turn DHCP off and put a static IP with a new DNS: 64.225.68.86

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian,

Thanks for your quick reply, appreciated. I got 6 Philips multiroom speakers (3 Philips SW750M and 3 of the smaller version SW700M). Although I can see the network settings in the app (Philips SpeakerSet) I don't believe they can be changed (see screenshots).

IMG_6334.PNG
IMG_6335.PNG

I guess I can also add that I don't believe the firmware for these speakers have been updated in many years and I am currently also following up on a support ticket with Philips.

I just got a response from Philips support basically saying this:

- The problem is with 3rd party (i.e. Spotify) software updates

- We (Philips) will not do any updates to the device firmware

- You can try to reset and restart everything but if it still doesn't work, then there's nothing we can do

Got the same message from Philips, just crappy support (my speaker are 3years old), BUT here is the solutions at least for some people  (I have tele2 as ISP Sagem router) if you block the site  "apresolve.spotify.com", on you router it should work. If you need help let me know. 

Skärmavbild 2022-08-11 kl. 13.13.49.png

Hi and thanks for this, unfortunately it doesn't seem to make any difference for me. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread and for the info shared 🙂

We really appreciate the details you kindly sent us. Rest assured this is being investigated by our tech folks. We'll let you know as soon as we have some news about this, but we can commit to a specific timeframe.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks Noob403. As reported in the thread you referred to above just a few hours ago the problem now seem to be fixed. All my 6 devices work just fine again without any specific settings anywhere.

Suggested posts