Announcements
Hey! It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Check here for what to do if you're still having trouble.

Cant detect iPod via USB

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Cant detect iPod via USB

i have an ipod nano seventh generation. i would realy like to tranfer my music to my ipod. if you are not sure what my ipod looks like here it is.  

440x330-ipod-nano-front.jpg
Highlighted

Regular

If you have an iPod Nano, Mini, Shuffle or Classic, you can only sync local files from your computer in Spotify.

You can't do the opposite i.e Transfer music from Spotify to you ipod, that's what Itunes is for.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I've tried everything but I cannot get my iPod Touch 5G to connect to Spotify but it's recognized on iTunes. What do I do? 

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@user-removed 

If you have version 1.0.1 of the Spotify desktop app:

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
How can I toggle the offline toggle on my iPod? My local playlist is there on the desktop version.
Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@user-removed 

Create a new playlist and then copy  all of the songs from the "local files" playlist into the new playlist.

Then in the Spotify app on your iPod touch, click the "available offline" swicth. Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Highlighted

I have and older ipod touch and I cannot find the ' Spotify for iOs4' in the app store. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@keschmidt 

Sorry, but Spotify currently only supports iOS 7 & 8

MattSudaRock Star 24
Highlighted

Regular

I'm having the same problem with my BRAND NEW nano. I have only begun using spotify a few days ago and I do not have itunes on my computer. I pretty much down right to refuse to use itunes at all costs. I have premuim spotify and wanted to being syncing songs. Now I'm no computer idoit however I cannot seem to even get spotify to recognize my nano. Help.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@samiig90 

Sorry, bad timing.

The latest version of the Spotify app doesn't have a devices section in the left sidebar.

It is currently being upgraded and will be back in a future update. (currently no ETA)

MattSudaRock Star 24
SUGGESTED POSTS