Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant downgrade download quality iphone xs max

Cant downgrade download quality iphone xs max

Plan

Free/Premium 

Device

Iphone xs max

Operating System

(iOS 12.1.4)

My Question or Issue

I have always downloaded my music on spotify with very high quality now that i have way too many songs and need to downgrade but when i change my download quality in my app my songs won’t redownload as the lower quality version any way i can fix this?

3 Replies

Hi @memonunez00 ! 🙂
By chance, have you tried a clean reinstall and then re-downloaded the tracks? It might be that some old data is hanging out in your cache.
I've copied the steps below just in case and hope that it can help your issue. 

Have a great day! 🙂

iPhone 

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head here and click Remove all devices.
  3. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  4. Tap iPhone Storage.
  5. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  6. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will not delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  7. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  8. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  9. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  10. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  11. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  12. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

Would i lose my playlists or any liked songs etc?

Hey again @memonunez00 🙂
Great question! No, you won't lose anything once you re-install the app. It does take a few minutes to catch up loading your library again since it purges everything, but it will all be restored.

Best of luck and let me know if you need any other assistance! 🙂

Suggested posts