Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant download maximum amount of songs reached

Cant download maximum amount of songs reached

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I have reached the maximum amount of downloads reached, I went through and deleted all the downloads I could find, logged out and reinstalled and nothing has fixed this issue

9 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page. Try to update to iOS 12.4.1, too 🙂

Here's an article for some more info on that.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Version 8.4.95 all apps are up to date and the IOS is also up to date, I tried all these suggestions and then some. 

I assume this is a bug and will have to wait until the latest update 

I wonder if it has anything to do with my credit card needing updated I have a new credit card, if not Im probably going to switch to apple

Hey there @jckinnick,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding this. 

There's a newer version of the app available, so we'd recommend following the steps below to make sure you're rocking that latest version:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  3. Tap the X symbol on the icon.
  4. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

That should do the trick! 

However, please note the following: 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Its started working again with the update but it only downloads so many before it says I dont have enough space

Hey again @jckinnick,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Keep in mind that you can only download music and podcasts to a maximum of 5 separate devices as mentioned previously. Further, you can only download a maximum of 10,000 songs per device.

If your iPhone is the 6th device, you'll need to try these steps:

• When you download to this additional device, the device with the earliest downloads will automatically removed from the Offline devices list. The tracks on this first device will no longer be downloaded for offline listening. 
  • Before you download to the additional device, manually remove a device from the Offline devices list. The tracks on the device you've removed will no longer be downloaded for offline listening. 

If the issue persists after that, we'd also recommend making sure your iPhone device isn't jailbroken.

Further, since you mentioned that this worked after following the steps to update the app, we'd suggest making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache  clearing or battery optimizing apps. Once you have, try a quick reinstall of the app one more time and check if the issue persists.

If it does, it'd also be helpful if you could share some screenshots of the error message you see so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that no sensitive/private info is displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have Spotify on several devices but only download to one, Its like its not showing all the downloads because I have so many albums in my collection and theres is no way to find all of them since it doesnt show them all in the download section

Hey @jckinnick.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you let us know what happens when you try to download another album on your device? Do the songs download at all? 

It's currently not possible to see how many tracks you have downloaded for offline listening. Make sure to vote for this Community idea to implement this feature.

We'll be looking out for your reply!

Suggested posts